Song of the South

This is a very interesting web site on the old Disney movie “Song of the South” I remember this from my early childhood and loved Zippidee Do Dah. It is the perfect song for a wonderful day. My recent trip on Splash Mountain made me think of it again. Check it out:
http://www.songofthesouth.net/index.html

The site has sound clips from songs in the movie!!

What a fantastic site! Thank you!

OK if you go to the site don’t miss the sound clip of “The Laughing Place” Splash Mountain here I come!!!:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Great site, I added my name to the list that wants the movie to be released. Thanks for the info.

I went to that site a couple of weeks ago and you will be glad to know that I TOO added me name to release the movie…you can find UK versions on Ebay for about 50-100 dollars…then you have to have them converted to US…anyways, would be way cool if they released it over here!!!

laterz,

Ryan

I have never seen this movie. My DD has a Sing-a-long with it on it. I wonder if I can rent it…:hmmm

Originally posted by Dana
I have never seen this movie. My DD has a Sing-a-long with it on it. I wonder if I can rent it…:hmmm

Dana it is not avaliable on DVD or VHS. That is one purpose of the web site, to try and get Disney to release it. It is a wonderful family movie. I will never forget Brer Rabbit and all the characters. The closest thing we can get now is a trip through Splash Mountain. I have the sing a long too! :slight_smile:

I have a link on my website for that :slight_smile: I signed it long ago … I was told by a friend in canada that it can be rented up there but not bought … and its same version that american vcr’s play. I have it in VCD format but want to be able to buy a DVD :slight_smile:

Ryan and I voted online for Disney to release “Song of the South” as the next DVD! (Or at least on VHS!) Neither of us have seen it, but we’d really like to! Man, if you try to buy it on Ebay it costs you about $80 for a videotape!

There is a warning on the website about people who have gotten bum copies on ebay.:devil I would absolutely love to see the movie but not through ebay. Our best bet is try and keep getting people to sign the petition and send the email to disney through the site link. :slight_smile:

Originally posted by LRTJS
There is a warning on the website about people who have gotten bum copies on ebay.:devil I would absolutely love to see the movie but not through ebay. Our best bet is try and keep getting people to sign the petition and send the email to disney through the site link. :slight_smile:

I am going to sign up right after this post. I really wasn’t paying attention when I clicked the link…I was trying to be DD’s study partner for a test she has on Baptism tomorrow. I would never buy it from ebay. I want it the right way. Thanks again for the link…DD is in bed so I can pay better attention.:slight_smile:

They are taking requests for the DVD that they will in turn request as a business opportunity to Disney. Couldn’t hurt to get big money involved.

Originally posted by PhantomBantam
[B]Sign up at Amazon.com too!

They are taking requests for the DVD that they will in turn request as a business opportunity to Disney. Couldn’t hurt to get big money involved. [/B]

ooooo thanks a million :slight_smile: I am doing it right now.
when I filled out that Disney Magazine survey Uncle Remus was in one of the list, it made me wonder … if maybe there might be some slim hope that they were preparing to release this video finally on DVD

I also went to the Disney votiing site and chose Song of The South
so Please also Vote for Song of the South on Disney.com:

Favorite Animated Movie:
http://disney.go.com/disneyvideos/moviefinder/html/100years/voting_results/animated.html
Favorite Musical:
http://disney.go.com/disneyvideos/moviefinder/html/100years/voting_results/musicals.html
Favorite Movie of the 30’s and 40’s:
http://disney.go.com/disneyvideos/moviefinder/html/100years/voting_results/30s_40s.html
Favorite Classic Animated Character (Brer Rabbit):
http://disney.go.com/disneyvideos/moviefinder/html/100years/voting/animatedclassic.html

I did this too Tink! Did you notice that Song of the South was first on a few of the voting list? It looks as though people are at least letting their voices be heard. Everyone go and vote!!!:slight_smile: :smiley:

Originally posted by LRTJS
I did this too Tink! Did you notice that Song of the South was first on a few of the voting list? It looks as though people are at least letting their voices be heard. Everyone go and vote!!!:slight_smile: :smiley:

I did notice it :slight_smile: there are hundreds of reasons I love this film …the most important being our youngest DGD. The year she was tall enough to ride Splash Mt. for the first time, she was just so happy and everytime she saw Brer Rabbit she would wave and say “Hi Honey” (she was 5 ) She said she was going to marry Brer Rabbit. She wanted a Brer Rabbit plush and ended up that year and the next 3 that followed getting him in several sizes. When Dixie and I became friends I mentioned to her Barbie’s love for him. she went and bought a VHS copy there and sent it. I had to get it converted from PAL format to NSCT format. Later I put it on VCD. We watch this movie at least once a week, but there is so much Disney could add to a DVD release …the information on actress Hattie McDaniel, Bobby Discoll and the wonderful James Baskett, would be great. One of my very favorite songs from this movie is sung by Hattie McDaniel Sooner or Later In fact there are times I drive the girls crazy singing that song :slight_smile:

Lucky you! I am sure not many people have a copy. You didn’t need to listen to the sound clips on the web site. I listened and it just made me want to see the movie even more. My memories of it are vague but I remember singing Zipppidee do da forever! My oldest DS is on a crusade to get it released. He is the one who sent me the site. :smiley:

I added my name.

Perhaps you could buy the Laserdisc version. (Japanese or Honk Kong Releases). That’s digital quality.

And speaking of Laserdisc editions…

I just received my very own today. Its is a remarkable film. I get to watch it tonight again with Mrs Bantam and Chick Bantam. A first time for both. I’m so excited.

Originally posted by PhantomBantam
[B]And speaking of Laserdisc editions…

I just received my very own today. Its is a remarkable film. I get to watch it tonight again with Mrs Bantam and Chick Bantam. A first time for both. I’m so excited. [/B]

I am eager to hear what you think about this movie. You are so lucky to have it. Please get back to us and tell us all about it!!
:smiley: