Song of the South

I don’t know if this is…ahem…appropriate…BUT…I inherited a copy of Song of the South today!!! :wub: :wub: :tongue: :tongue: :wub: :wub:
I am soooooooooooo excited to watch it–Dave nor I have EVER seen it before!!–so after the Pro Bowl is over, and Desperate Housewives and Greys Anatamony of course we’re going to cuddle up and watch some SOS!!! :wub: :tongue:
Whoohoo

It’s rare on ebay. Partly 'cause it was never fully released stateside.

The last time I remember watching it was on TV in Germany in Christmas '94. Which was about twenty years after I watched in the the movie theatre in the Marine Corps base at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina

Everybody’s got a Laughing Place is probably the best song, next to Zip a dee doo da.

Disney put out some SINGALONG videotapes, and Song of the South was on one of them for Zip a dee doo dah. In fact, another Disney Singalong had the ORIGINAL Pirates of the Caribbean before they went PC. :pirate:

Enjoy the movie.

I don’t think that’s inappropriate, I think it’s great!

Hey, you could make yourself a little cash by making copies, ya know!

^ lol, I’m sure there’d be a lot of buyers here!

Really??? I got a copy :wink:

cool!!! My mom LOVED it as a kid, and always talks about it, but I’ve never seen it.
I’ve only seen the clips on the old Disney sing along videos :smile:

So Bellers - is it an actual original copy? Or a bootleg?

Yes, and will you be burning copies for me?

i have acopy got it on the net from the UK …download was FREE …Disne y in this case has NO GUTS it is a wondeful movie and one of my favorites …speaking of guts ask someone why dixie landings was renamed port orleans riverside

I remember seeing this in the theatre when I was about 9. I don’t really remember all that much about it, why is it so hard to find?

OK, I’m out of the loop, what is Song of the South about? :huh:

I haven’t seen it since I was a kid, how’d you like it Bella?

Lucky, lucky, lucky! I remember seeing it as a kid in the theatre…I love it!!

You can buy it here: :smile:

http://www.relivesongofthesouth.com/

I got this for my mom a few years ago. I did not remember it. I was really surprised that it has some really sad parts.

I have a copy and my we have watched it several times. It’s a wonderful movie, I wish it would be released in the US so everyone can see it.

Oh cool! Thank you, I am going to buy it!

Readytogo, thats where I got our copy! Its an excellent copy and even a greater movie! Disney caved years ago with this movie. Both the real characters and cartoon ones were deemed to be insensitive to black people. which in my opinion is ridiculous, I found Uncle Remus to be a wise old man regardless of color. So to be politically correct Disney took it off the market. It would be a great move indeed to see the new Disney bigshots bring it back, but I would not hold my breath. I think I’ll watch it right now!!!

I think they will release it, though I understand that handling the more troubling parts will be something to approach sensitively and with care, and I am hoping it will go well. I’m very curious to see how they do it…

David