Sooo Curious

[SIZE=“5”]So there is something I always wanted to know. I have been to Disneyland so many times it’s crazy. One time I went with my family and my Dad noticed something really wierd but true. He said “I wonder why you don’t see any bugs around since there is food EVERYWHERE.” I started laughing and then realized that is sooo true… no flies ants NOTHING! Does anyone know how they make that happen??? Because whatever it is I would love to make that happen in my backyard lol. Tim??? lol!:laugh:[/SIZE]

With what seems to be the lack of Bugs and junk in the resort, It all comes down to 4 simple things.

1. Cleanliness. Thanks to a very clean and top of the line theme park, this often times repels bugs and such…HOWEVER, this is not always the case when it comes to Backstage.
  2. Industrialism. The Larger the city, the lesser the bugs, usually… With how the Anaheim Resort is situated and kept up, in a large city, daily landscaping, cleaning, bug and rodent exterminators and such many bugs often arent always around.
  3. Exterminators. Exterminators roam the parks and the resort daily once the parks have closed, looking, checking and spraying for bugs and rodents - keeping the parks and resort as free of them as possible.
  4. Cast Members. Thanks to the hard working, caring and great Cast Members, the resort is always kept clean and the job always gets done.

Now there are bugs/rodents, no doubt about it (rodents are mainly backstage/Jungle Cruise, in the brush and foliage where guests dont go), but nothing in comparison to what you would normally see at say the every day city park due to the way the resort is operated…and this is a good thing. No one likes flies buzzing around them while enjoying that mild afternoon in New Orleans Square or bee’s following them as they munch down that last bit of the corn dog from the corn dog wagon at the end of Main Street (not to say they arent there) . But all in all, thanks to those 4 simple things listed above, that is why you dont often see lots of icky bugs (I dislike bugs a lot, haha) and such around the resort.

[QUOTE=anaheimboy;966572]With what seems to be the lack of Bugs and junk in the resort, It all comes down to 4 simple things.

1. Cleanliness. Thanks to a very clean and top of the line theme park, this often times repels bugs and such…HOWEVER, this is not always the case when it comes to Backstage.
  2. Industrialism. The Larger the city, the lesser the bugs, usually… With how the Anaheim Resort is situated and kept up, in a large city, daily landscaping, cleaning, bug and rodent exterminators and such many bugs often arent always around.
  3. Exterminators. Exterminators roam the parks and the resort daily once the parks have closed, looking, checking and spraying for bugs and rodents - keeping the parks and resort as free of them as possible.
  4. Cast Members. Thanks to the hard working, caring and great Cast Members, the resort is always kept clean and the job always gets done.

Now there are bugs/rodents, no doubt about it (rodents are mainly backstage/Jungle Cruise, in the brush and foliage where guests dont go), but nothing in comparison to what you would normally see at say the every day city park due to the way the resort is operated…and this is a good thing. No one likes flies buzzing around them while enjoying that mild afternoon in New Orleans Square or bee’s following them as they much down that last bit of the corn dog from the corn dog wagon at the end of Main Street (not to say they arent there) . But all in all, thanks to those 4 simple things listed above, that is why you dont often see lots of icky bugs (I dislike bugs a lot, haha) and such around the resort.[/QUOTE]

I’d rather think of it as magic. :wub:

A true Disney Guest at heart. Love it :blush: