Southwest Airlines

Hey all! Just want to throw a good review out there for Southwest Airlines. I just got back from Nashville late last night and flew with Southwest for the first time. I must say that it was a VERY enjoyable flight. the staff was awesome and very laid back. I thought the no-assigned seat thing was going to be annoying, but it was actually kinda cool to just jump in a seat and be off. I am going to try them again when I go to WDW next month, so it was good that I got to try them out on a nondisney trip some where.

Glad to hear it Dana. We think they are awesome, and one of the reasons is definitely the staff. :slight_smile:

I’m gad you had a good experience, we only fly SWA because their service is so good.

Did you sign up for their Rewards Credit Card…just for getting it and using it the 1st time you get 8 credits and then you can get a couple more points for your Tennessee trip and again for your disney trip (sometimes you get 1 point per direction sometimes 2…so on one trip we received 4 points) and if you use the card you earn points too…so all you need is 16 points to earn a free round trip ticket. The first ticket is earned really fast, so we took advantage of it. They also give you double credit for purchasing SWA tickets on it…so if you haven’t bought your Disney tickets, that’s a way to get some more credits fast. DH & I signed up last June and we already have 2 free round trip flights to use. Wish we could get cards in the kids’ names so they coud earn points faster than just the rapid rewards plan, but since they’re minors, they cannot.
Just a thought…

Does Southwest have the Disney Magic connection at the hotels?

No. But for the convience of a non stop from Norfolk, I can deal with my bag(s)! :laugh: It’s 2 hours vs 4+ and better fares.

Are you asking if you can use Disney’s Magical Express if you fly Southwest? If that’s your question, yes, you can use DME with Southwest.

If that wasn’t your question just ignore me…:blush:

We’ve only flown SWA to WDW. Basically at your home airport, you check your bags in and never see them again until they are delivered to your room. Upon departure, you take the bags to the ME bus, they load them and when they drop you off at your Airline checkin, they hand you your bags and you take your bags and check in at SWA. There’s always guys waiting to help you with your luggage as soon as you get off the bus (which is optional of course), we always do the skycheck and they have it done in no time. Just a tip and it’s taken care of!

Glad to hear all the good review for SWA! That’s who I choose to fly with on my upcoming trip. I usually fly with AirTran and have had good trips, but they didn’t have a non-stop available so I jumped ship. I’ve heard great things about SWA from others, so I’m glad to see the stories continue!

I’m glad you got a chance to try them and had a good experience!! I love SWA and have always been impressed. I was actually kind of sad when they weren’t the airline with the best rate the last time I went to WDW!

I just booked them for next month…great deal. $175 per person round trip.

They are simply the BEST! We love to fly Southwest, but be carefully because you will become spoiled & impatient with other airlines. When you fly someone else & are forced to wait for the flight to be cleaned at the gate when you have seen plane sitting there out the window & when you wait at baggage claim, since Southwest is usually (in my experience) FAR BETTER at turning their planes at the gate & getting luggage to baggage carousel. I used to worry about open seating thing, but we have flown them many, many times & never had a problem getting to sit together. Last time we flew another airline, we actually DID have a problem getting seats together & we were PAYING for the priviledge of choosing our seats at purchase. I “LUV” Southwest & can’t say enough good about them!!!

Yea! That means this trip is a go, right? That’s not a bad price right now, I was looking at May fights just to get an idea of what we’re looking at for July and that’s what I was seeing.

It’s a go…room is booked…airfare is bought…rest will be paid in full Thursday. There is no backing out now without losing a serious chunk of change.

Awesome!!

Too bad Sara knows it’s coming—but at least she doesn’t know when. I’m so happy for you.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;925409]Awesome!!

Too bad Sara knows it’s coming—but at least she doesn’t know when. I’m so happy for you.[/QUOTE]

She knows everything…I stink at surprise trips and dropped the ball totally. At least we are still going…lol Since she knows, I got the first flight out of philly for 6:25am…we will be orlando at 9:20am… The flight home is at 6:25pm and we land in Philly at 9pm…perfect flight times to maximize this mini trip. My parents don’t know she knows so we are going to go through the pretend surpise so they can at least be excited.:laugh::laugh:

Well, at least she didn’t find out until it was a done deal. That’s funny that you’re pretending to surprise her for your parents, how fun. She’s old enough to understand that means something to them.

I’m still planning on surprising Nate this summer, we’ll see how that goes.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;925419]Well, at least she didn’t find out until it was a done deal. That’s funny that you’re pretending to surprise her for your parents, how fun. She’s old enough to understand that means something to them.

I’m still planning on surprising Nate this summer, we’ll see how that goes.[/QUOTE]

I am certain you will pull it off without a hitch…I stink.:laugh::laugh:

It’s so hard keeping it a secret, it’s just too fun to talk about it. Planning is half the fun and kids enjoy looking forward to the trip as much as we do.

I am bummed we are not flying with SWA this time either, but the flight times stunk again. I just hate leaving to go home early, and arriving late.