Southwest-awesome airline

This was our first flight with Southwest from Orlando to Las Vegas, and it was one of the best flights we have ever taken. From the ground staff to the crew and even the pilot everyone was friendly, professional, and couldn’t do enough to help.

Our experience prior to boarding had been more than impressive, especially as our Virgin Atlantic flight crew had been miserable and most unhelpful.

When the SW crew found that our trip to Vegas was to celebrate DD’s 21st birthday, the made her a ‘cake’ from loo roll, decorated with Southwest crew badges and Southwest luggage tags (really nice ones) They announced it over the intercom and the whole aircraft sang Happy Birthday. Both myself, DD and DH were given free glasses of wine with free refills, and on leaving the aircraft, the pilot came out, shook Chelsey’s hand and congratulated her on turning 21 and gave her a large bottle of Champagne- what an airline!

I found SW through MB and so thanks to all those who had recommended the airline. I shall certainly use them again if we need to fly internally in the USA, I only wish they did International flights, they could sure teach our airlines a thing or two.

I’m happy to hear you had a great experience. It sounds like they had fun making your daughter’s day extra special. We love SWA, their service is always excellent.

[QUOTE=dixie;1050329]This was our first flight with Southwest from Orlando to Las Vegas, and it was one of the best flights we have ever taken. From the ground staff to the crew and even the pilot everyone was friendly, professional, and couldn’t do enough to help.

Our experience prior to boarding had been more than impressive, especially as our Virgin Atlantic flight crew had been miserable and most unhelpful.

When the SW crew found that our trip to Vegas was to celebrate DD’s 21st birthday, the made her a ‘cake’ from loo roll, decorated with Southwest crew badges and Southwest luggage tags (really nice ones) They announced it over the intercom and the whole aircraft sang Happy Birthday. Both myself, DD and DH were given free glasses of wine with free refills, and on leaving the aircraft, the pilot came out, shook Chelsey’s hand and congratulated her on turning 21 and gave her a large bottle of Champagne- what an airline!

I found SW through MB and so thanks to all those who had recommended the airline. I shall certainly use them again if we need to fly internally in the USA, I only wish they did International flights, they could sure teach our airlines a thing or two.[/QUOTE]

Wow! Sounds like that was fun for everyone!

Very cool! We’re flying SW for the first time in December. I hope our experience is positive, too. :happy:

We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE SWA!!! It’s our 1st choice of airlines and we really don’t even bother to look at the others. They’re fun, dependable and have a great safety rating. Their rates usually beat the other guys too!

I’ll be keeping them in mind when we book our flights for our next trip. They sound wonderful!

Awesome Dixie !!! We were Delta people, but now Southwest is on board with DME, we flew on them last May and loved it!!!

Dixie, that is wonderful.
Will you be writing a trip report?

We feel the same way about SWA!! And your luggage still flies free so if somewhere else is a little cheaper you always save there!!!

Always try to use Southwest. In fact, used them last week for my short trip to Disney. When the flight attendant was up at the front going through the announcements, I look up, and she was wearing Mickey Mouse ears! Flight landed 20 minutes early also!

I’m so glad you were happy with SW!!! I have always had great experiences flying with them - they are the best! Starting in Nov JetBlue is coming to our airport, so I’ll have to see how they compare.

We’ve always done southwest other then our last trip, we tired jetblue. we love southwest even if they don’t have the tv’s. i’m happy we’re flying southwest this trip.

So glad to hear you had a good experience with SWA, Dixie. They are way far above the other airlines in our experience. I think the others could learn a lot from the way they do business.

It’s the little touches that make us happy, so why is that such an elusive concept to the other airlines?