Southwest question

Does Southwest allow families with young children (under the age of 2) to pre-board?

No, they now (at least 6 months ago) have “family boarding” between the “A” group and “B” group.

I believe they did this so family boarding wouldn’t be so attractive. People were boarding groups of 12 with one kid. Mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, aunt, 2nd cousin twice removed, etc.

You can still try to get an “A” group boarding pass, but if you don’t want to bother at least you know you board before the “B” group and “C” group.

Jo-jo is right, families with young children board after the whole A group has boarded. If you print your boarding passes 24 hours out you should be fine.

Since I’m now booked with southwest can I print a boarding pass at home and walk right to the gate or do I need to get a boarding pass at the airport?

You can walk right up to the gate if you print it at home. You can request your boarding pass 24 hours prior to your depature time.

Great! Just what I needed to know. Thanks!

I’m keeping Southwest as an option (even though we’d have to drive further to an airport) for a possible trip in august (airfares are OUTRAGOUS locally thru other airlines) and DH refuses to drive to Disney

Thanks!