Southwest

When does Southwest update flights? The last one was mid-March. Anyone know when the next one is? Right now it only goes through early November and I’m waiting (impatiently :pinch:) for December.

I copied this from the SWA site:

Now accepting reservations through November 5, 2010.
On June 15, we will open our schedule for sale through January 7, 2011. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.

IF you go on Southwest.com and click on travel tips, it tells you when the next up dates will be.

Thank you to both of you! :happy:

I had to wait for Southwest too for August, I thought it was never going to come!

Tell me about it! Is it June 15 yet??? :pinch::laugh:
I just hope the airfare is worth the wait. :happy:

[QUOTE=smee57;1035013]Tell me about it! Is it June 15 yet??? :pinch::laugh:
I just hope the airfare is worth the wait. :happy:[/QUOTE]

let me reiterate something I mentioned before,the beauty of SWA is book what you feel is an OK fare and chances are the fare will go down …hopefully…SWA allows you to go to the lower fare and keeps the difference in an acoount for future use…there are no fees ,no surcharges,no penalties,…I spoke with us airways the other day and they said you are trying to compare apples and oranges…and I said to them they do what you do nothing more and nothing less more efficiently and less costly in most cases…so apples and oranges are almost identical twins…in my mind…just one twin is much smarter than the other…

On a sidenote, what is happening with airfare prices? Have always been able to get a flight from Chicago to Orlando on Southwest for $160 roundtrip (including taxes, fees, etc.). Now, for the past year, have never seen it below $230. And, never have any good Dings either. Any one else frustrated about never finding any good deals anymore?

it seems about 8 weeks ago the promos started to dry up,in my opinion it hasn’t just been swa it is all airlines…they have cut routes and capacity,and as we go into the summer monthsthe inventory is tightening so prices are high and staying that…hotels now have stopped low room prices,in lieu of giving extras…as the economy slowly gets better, i fear that the period of ultra low fares is bidding us adieu,also swa recognizes their fan base andknow that theothersare charging for bags thus the bottom line

RIGHT! The airfare has gotten beyond over priced. I can usually fly out of RI to Orlando under $100.00 to maybe $110.00. Not this year:pinch:. If it wasn’t for the great deals from Disney we would not have been able to afford to go IN 12 DAYS!!!

some disney execs are a little nervous…with less flights and less capacity heading into orlando…and the accompanying higher fares they believe it will impact business…and your post illustrates that fact…we all have budgets to maintain…rumors over the years have persisted that disney will eventually have to get involved in air travel in a larger capacity…what that will be short of buying an airline who knows

October flights for Southwest from Chicago to Orlando came out March 23 and I booked the minute they came out for our dates and payed $91 one way w/ taxes and fees!

How great would that be I wonder??? Maybe the “total” package? Airfare, resort, dinning and park passes, all on one bill from Disney? Hummmmm…
I think it could go really good or really bad. Now Disney would have all the cards.

I read many years ago that SW bought their jet fuel in bulk just before fuel started going through the roof enabling them to keep their fares low. Perhaps they ran out of that fuel. I know we were excited to hear that SW was coming to Milwaukee. Turns out their fare is no cheaper than Air Tran. :glare:

that that include baggage also…

[QUOTE=smee57;1035013]Tell me about it! Is it June 15 yet??? :pinch::laugh:
I just hope the airfare is worth the wait. :happy:[/QUOTE]

I too am waiting for SW to open the bookings on the 15th. I was able to book our flight down a couple months ago, but our return flight was past their booking window.

Book the same day they open the schedule. I found the first day to have really good deals. I paid $94.70 one-way from Pittsburgh to Orlando. I have not seen it anywhere close to that since and have been looking. Right now the same flight is $147.70. For the five of us, that is a savings of $265 just one-way.

[QUOTE=simplytall;1035128]
Book the same day they open the schedule. I found the first day to have really good deals. [/QUOTE]

That’s what I found also. I originally started looking for an August trip and the fares were great the first few days. Wasn’t long and they started to go up. If the fare from Milwaukee to Orlando is a decent one, I’m booking on June 15!

Loretta, if you catch the right time on Southwest, once you add the baggage fees for AirTran, SW is definitely cheaper. :happy:

[QUOTE=smee57;1035159]That’s what I found also. I originally started looking for an August trip and the fares were great the first few days. Wasn’t long and they started to go up. If the fare from Milwaukee to Orlando is a decent one, I’m booking on June 15!

Loretta, if you catch the right time on Southwest, once you add the baggage fees for AirTran, SW is definitely cheaper. :happy:[/QUOTE]

I forgot about that evil baggage fees. I also forgot that AirTran charges $6 per seat. :mad: I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed that you’ll get a good fare.

IT’S THE 15TH!!! :happy::happy::happy:

But when on the 15th!!! :blink:
Wow, I’ve become the most impatient person I know. :blush:

one never knows but they usually go by central time ,so my guess would be when it is 8-9am central but that is just a guess