SouthWest

I looked to book my trip for October - I have sticker shock! It is double what I paid in 2009 for the W&F festival.

Ouch eee wawa.

I guess I can wait and see if they drop as things ease in the middle east. That is assuming they do ease.

(Mods, I wasn’t sure which forum to post this thread. Please feel free to move it… as if you need my permission.)

Are you including airfare in this estimate? I am assuming that you are.

I am sad that we can’t go this year-with free dining for the first time ever for us, it would have helped… but instead- we are having a baby. This then complicates the room situation-because there will be 5 of us… So, the price went up for us forever, but I still think I would have loved to go with free dining.

This is for the Air fair alone.

Yes, September rates are unbelievable also! I’m waiting until it gets closer. With Sept being slower than other months, Southwest usually has some good “sales.” Let’s just hope they continue that!

Stinkin’ airfare…

So I did some math, evaluated the pros and cons of driving … cost of gas … driving 14 hours… alone w/ DW…for 14 hours…alone…driving … driving … just she and I… for 14 hours … one way …

I’ll suck it up and fly.

I can’t believe how Southwest airfare fluctuates. For our trip that just pasted, we paid $84.00 to Orlando, $129.00 home to Providence RI.
1 week later it was almost $300.00 each way :blink:

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;1070027]So I did some math, evaluated the pros and cons of driving … cost of gas … driving 14 hours… alone w/ DW…for 14 hours…alone…driving … driving … just she and I… for 14 hours … one way …

I’ll suck it up and fly.[/QUOTE]

Wimp!!! :laugh:

Same here, airfares really stink this year-globally!

oh suck it up man I am going to drive 14.5hours one way with the DW and two daughters. But I am also going to leave at 6pm about and drive thru the night. and did I mention the fact that I am going to drive while they are sleeping…

lol…yeah, we are gonna drive if fares don’t come down. Not a big deal going…sucks driving back though. All sad because our time with Mickey is over:(

Boss…are you only looking at Southwest? Contrary to popular belief, and what they want you to believe, they aren’t always the least expensive. Even with consideration for luggage fees.

The fares are getting worse in large part due to aviation fuel costs. Locally, avgas has climbed about $1.50 per gallon and is pushing $5 now. And the plane I fly only burns 10 gallons/hour. Those 737s burn a heck of a lot more. :eek:

We just paid the most we’ve ever paid last weekend. No more $49 dings to be had from Norfolk.

We’ve only driven 1 time, and when you factor in speeding tickets…

Hula - I have looked at other airlines - it’s pretty much the same…

Zooman - I like this ‘driving through the night’ thing. Hmmmmm. And if DW ‘sleep walks’ … and I don’t notice… this could work.

As for speeding tickets, Rich - they gotta catch me first.

Got an awesome deal on jetBlue from JFK to MCO the last week in September. :slight_smile:

hey Boss s bad as it might sound I have a friend that well lets just say is a retired trooper and he not once but at least twice drove off and left the wife at a rest area on vacations…and he is still alive to joke about it…

Maybe Mrs. Boss could do us a favor and offer to do some of the driving particularly around rest stops…:whistling:whistling:whistling

See? It could happen. Totally out of my control.

Totally.

Thought you would get a good chuckle out of that story…I do every time he mentions it…his wife after all the years is just use to it…

Jo-jo -If she’s driving, I’m walking (my choice).

There are no rest stops in VA on your way down the eastern shore. You have to get to NC before she gets “lost.” :whistling :angel: