Spa at the Animal Kingdom Lodge

Does anyone know where I can get a menu of services for the spa in Animal Kingdom Lodge? I got a 60 minute Swedish there once but it was like 4-5 years ago.

I want to try something different but I need to see prices & stuff first.

Anyone get one of those hot stone massages, or a deep tissue?

OK, so I am answering my own question. :laugh: I just called the AKL and the nice CM at the desk transfered me to the spa. They said they couldn’t e-mail me the specific menu but there is a website. It lists ALL the services available at all the spas in WDW.

Niki Bryan Spas :: Relaxed Yet™

It doesn’t look like AKL has very many options but MAN the Spa at SSR has an AWESOME selection. It looks like they are the only ones that offer the hot stone massage. :sad: I’d really rather prefer to get it done at the resort we’re staying at. Maybe I’ll try the aromotherapy one.

Hey Wish, do you know if you can still get a message if you are staying off site.

Oh yeah, where can I get info on the SSR spa?

I think the aromatherapy one sounds nice. Now why did you have to go and post this!?
I have to have one now toooo!:pinch::laugh:

[QUOTE=mickeymotto;964853]I think the aromatherapy one sounds nice. Now why did you have to go and post this!?
I have to have one now toooo!:pinch::laugh:[/QUOTE]

I know right. i am seriously wanting to try one. Do you know where there is a price list and a menu of services for SSR?

[QUOTE=mickeymotto;964853]I think the aromatherapy one sounds nice. Now why did you have to go and post this!?
I have to have one now toooo!:pinch::laugh:[/QUOTE]

We should get Swedish Massages poolside while we drink some fruity beverages. :happy:

haha, this reminds me. I MADE Daniel get a massage once when we were staying at the BWV 'cause he’s always complaining about how tense he feels, etc. HE HATED IT! I felt so bad. :sad:

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;964856]We should get Swedish Massages poolside while we drink some fruity beverages. :happy:

haha, this reminds me. I MADE Daniel get a massage once when we were staying at the BWV 'cause he’s always complaining about how tense he feels, etc. HE HATED IT! I felt so bad. :sad:[/QUOTE]
WHAT!!! How the heck can someone hate a massage? I say we have a meet and greet over a massage and some fruity drinks.HA! HA! HA! Well, it was an idea.:blush:

To be honest I don’t really know. I DO remember them holding my resort ID when I entered the spa/fitness room. I am assuming it may be available to resort guests only 'cause some of the doors to even enter the spa you have to slide your key in. It doesn’t hurt to call and ask though.

If you go to that same website I posted before there is a link that says “Spa Locations” and Saratoga is in the drop down menu of that one. Most of the other Disney ones are listed under the “Massage & Fitness Centers” link.

Thanks wish.

Yeah, I don’t understand AT ALL how he could hate it! I just don’t think he liked the massage oils (he said he felt slimey) and I think he generally skeeves over other people touching him.

He’s a FREAK! I would have GLADLY taken his massage time. :laugh:

I just found this online:

If you are not a guest of Animal Kingdom Lodge or Villas, you can use Zahanati facilities for $12/day.

Massage and spa services start at $50 and are offered by appointment.

The center is operated by Niki Bryan spa; click here for Zahanati information, including hours, spa services, and more.

To schedule personal training or spa services, contact Zahanati at: 407-938-4715.

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;964856]We should get Swedish Massages poolside while we drink some fruity beverages. :happy:

haha, this reminds me. I MADE Daniel get a massage once when we were staying at the BWV 'cause he’s always complaining about how tense he feels, etc. HE HATED IT! I felt so bad. :sad:[/QUOTE]

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:I am laughing so hard right now! That is exactly what my DH did when I MADE him get one in Costa Maya a few years ago. He hated it!! How could anyone hate a massage??? I don’t get it either.:rolleyes: Maybe its a guy thing?:huh::laugh: Whatever, I say…more for me!:biggrin:

i just got off the phone with the spa at SSR and you can go if you are staying off site. I just need to decide which massage I want to get. I was thinking of taking my DD and her best friend and make it a surprise.

I’m telling you, if I were staying at SSR this trip I would get the “Adorondack Stone Massage” in a heartbeat. I watched a video on about.com and it looks AMAZING! I need some hot stones. :laugh: I just don’t want to trudge all the way over to SSR. I am usually lethally lethargic after a massage and just want to plunk in the pool for awhile. I wish they did them at AKL. :sad:

What is so different about this massage. I have only done a full body and thats it. I got some info on maggases and like the sweedish and reflexology one. What do you think?

Hot Stone Massage - See a Hot Stone Massage Spa Treatment Video - About.com

They use heated stones with a swedish massage technique. It detoxifies deep into the muscles & releaves stress deeper than a regular Swedish.

The plain Swedish is nice, I usually do a 50 minute but I always feel like I need something deeper with more pressure.

OMG, that looked so nice. I will check into that one. Are the stone really hot though?

Ya know, I think it really depends on WHO gives the massage. I had a few and loved some of them…and really HATED some. The last one I had REALLY hurt and didn’t feel good WHATSOEVER, even after I had to tell her to ease up a bit. :mad: I decided I like getting facials SO much better. :wub: