Spa or horseback riding

I always like to put a little something special in trips so I’ve been thinking about what to do for my wife and daughter. Last trip I reserved them a spa day at the BC and they loved it. So much so that they are asking for it again. That’s all fine and dandy but in doing some looking around for not so traditional things to do at Disney, I saw horseback riding. We have our daughter in riding camp and she loves being around the horses. I know they would never expect it and I was thinking about booking the ride for the first day in the early afternoon and then doing Hoop dee doo. Soooooo, what to do. I guess I could just ask them, but it’s kinda fun to surprise them… They asked about the spa again, and I just blew it off, but I’m going to do something… Just can’t figure it out. Help me out.

Here’s my thought as a very experienced horse person: At riding camp, she’s probably doing fun things and actually taking the horses above a trot. A guided trail ride would be a very tame experience.

As an adult who isn’t near horses regularly anymore, now I would enjoy that ride. Back when I was a tween/teen/20s and regularly riding and running and jumping and barrel racing and taking trail rides on my own terms… a guided trail ride wouldn’t have been bad, just not that different and less interesting than what I usually did.

Anyway, everyone’s different, and that’s my two cents. :happy:

Have you done any of the tours? (I’m not sure how old your daughter is). We have taken a couple of the behind the scenes tours now and loved them!! We took the one in “The Land” (behind the seeds maybe?? Can’t remember) and the Keys to the Kingdom…both really fascinating tours. There are others…

Just a thought…

Well, Disney has made the decision for us. I decided to ask my wife what she thought and she said we should let Tori decide. So, there went the surprise, but no big deal. Part of the fun is looking forward to the experiences. Well, Tori said she wanted to ride the horses and do HDD. I went to make the ressies over the phone, and all they had for HDD was tier 3 seating and I am not doing tier 3. We did tier 2 last time and it was just ok. So, onto the Spa reservations. Going to get them each aromatherapy messages, manicures, and pedicures at GF. Broke the news to them a little while ago and they are very excited about it. The CM on the phone was trying to get me to do the Spa at Saratoga bc it is newly refurb’d, but I want to be able to jump on the monorail and head to the parks while they get four hours of pampering. I see a visit to the WS at epcot in my future. whoo hooo. all to myself. look out Germany and some beer tasting.

I’m not a spa person nor am I a horse person.
My own suggestions would be the Epcot World Showcase Segway tour and the Ft Wilderness Segway tour.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1141097]I’m not a spa person nor am I a horse person.
My own suggestions would be the Epcot World Showcase Segway tour and the Ft Wilderness Segway tour.[/QUOTE]

oh, neither am I. That is why i’m heading to epcot by myself. I just like to schedule special things for the girls. maybe i should have made that more clear. i was actually hoping for the horseback riding and HDD but it just wasn’t available for our schedule. the segway thing might be another trip. don’t think it would be my cup of tea, but who knows.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1141097]I’m not a spa person nor am I a horse person.
My own suggestions would be the Epcot World Showcase Segway tour and the Ft Wilderness Segway tour.[/QUOTE]

I thought they had quit the Segway Tours a while ago?

I think you should pull off the surprise still and book the horseback riding for all three of you in a morning time slot. We did the 8am and it was only dh and myself and two guides. They said everyone avoids the early morning slot and the 10am is the busiest. We saw so many animals in their elements in the morning. Very relaxed and enjoyable.

Smallworld:

Segways are fun and the X2 off road version are funner.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1141102]Smallworld:

Segways are fun and the X2 off road version are funner.[/QUOTE]

I’ve never heard of this!! Fun! The only Segway options I know of were the ones at EPCOT—that’s what I was talking about. That was cancelled a while ago.