Space mountain with lights on is amazing

Hey have any of you guys seen space mountain with its lights on and you can see it (its a really wimpy ride with lights on). Go on the blue line transit right below the space merry go round it… the transit takes you around the park and in space mountain and buzz lightyear and shows what Walt disney wanted disney world to look like on a model its a REAL experiance so catch it…

Yes i did see it with the lights on

So what do you guys think about it if you have seen space mountain lit up or you were on it

Welcome to MouseBuzz!! I have seen Space Mountain with the lights on. I was on the people mover. I was kind of surprised that it was a wooden coaster. I didn’t know that. You can see videos like that on YouTube.

yeah its a great experiance isnt it and thank you for welcoming me… it is better though to see it in person and i know it seemed steel didnt it?

We’ve seen it with the lights on and it’s really quite ugly.

i think they really need that remodle thats coming up

yes one time we were on TTA and saw SM with all the lights on…very neat to see. we were so amazed that we had to ride it once more to check it out again, but the second go round the likes were off again. although, that little glimpse with the lights on was so cool to see. i think you are right…it really does look like a wimpy ride.

a friend of mine, who used to work at Disney, had some friends who worked the ride. apparently the Cast Members, who work the ride, have to experience the ride with the lights on. they said it is definitely not the same with the lights on…it is actually really lame and the lights off is what actually makes the ride so much fun! oh and also dont hold your arms up because apprently there are bars really close together and you take the chance of hitting your hand on part of the ride. you just cant see and dont realize it…so everyone just be careful!

yeah i noticed them with the lights on it is wimpy it would be very boring with it on… but is quite amazing

Wait, Space Mountain a wooden coaster? There is no way…

Why were the light on at Space Mountain? I never would have guessed that it was a wooden coaster.

That model was a concept for the Experimental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow as originally envisioned and included multiple WEDWay Peoplemovers.

Funny how much that tower resembles both the Grand Cypress and the Marriott World Center.

My very first time riding Space Mountain, the lights were on.
I was grateful because I did have some apprehension about riding a coaster in complete darkness. I still hadn’t become the fearless coasterholic I am today.
Space Mountain, for all the hype, isn’t anything more than an overlarge wild mouse.

Can someone please confirm with me that SM is NOT a wooden coaster?! :confused:

It isn’t a wooden coaster! It’s all steel.
What made you think it was wood?

Space Mountain (Walt Disney World - Magic Kingdom)

I can and did!

Space Mountain (Walt Disney World - Magic Kingdom)

There is no such thing as a wooden coaster in any Disney park.
Even California Screamin’ is faux wooden and not real wood.
Further, even if the superstructure and supports of a coaster are wood, it’s the track that determines if it’s steel or wood.
One of the few examples of this is Gemini at Cedar Point.
Rolled steel tube track on a wooden support structure.
Gemini (Cedar Point)

There are, or were wooden coasters (laminated wood tracks) with steel support structures.
Villain (Geauga Lake & Wildwater Kingdom)

Thanks! I felt a little silly reading that is was wooden. :laugh:

If I’m around, I’ll always have some sort of comment about coasters.
On the other hand, it would be nice to have a real wooden coaster in WDW (or Universal).
Then again, I’ve got my own ideas about what a “fifth” WDW park should be, and it would be very coaster intensive!

I haven’t but my DD has and she said the ceilings needed to be painted and that she liked it better with lights off

Space Mountain is definitely NOT a wooden coaster!

I’ve ridden the DL version with the lights on, and frankly it was rather terrifying! :laugh: You get to see how small the building really is and how short the “drops” really are, but you also get to see just how close all the tracks are to each other! :pinch: It makes it seem pretty scary in some parts! But yes overall, seeing it with the lights on takes a lot away from the experience.

[QUOTE=Southern Belle;937959]
a friend of mine, who used to work at Disney, had some friends who worked the ride. apparently the Cast Members, who work the ride, have to experience the ride with the lights on. they said it is definitely not the same with the lights on…it is actually really lame and the lights off is what actually makes the ride so much fun! oh and also dont hold your arms up because apprently there are bars really close together and you take the chance of hitting your hand on part of the ride. you just cant see and dont realize it…so everyone just be careful![/QUOTE]

Yes the bars look really close together, but there is not even the slightest chance of someone hitting their hands if they put them in the air. Disney knows that coaster enthusiasts will always want to put their hands in the air, so SM is manufactured very carefully to ensure that it’s safe.

Thunder railroad rollercoaster is more exciting then space mountain with its lights on so yeah it is wimmpy

:pinch:Sorry. For some reason, I thought it was wood. Don’t know why.