Spellbound: Sorcerers of Magic Kingdom

For all of you bummed about all the rides down right now looks like there is something new to entertain you around MK.

Spellbound: Sorcerers of Magic Kingdom looks to be a majorly upgraded version of EPCOT’s Kim Possible game. You use spell cards to help solve puzzles and defeat Disney Villains around the park.

Spellbound: Sorcerers of Magic Kingdom game designed to enchant guests

Sure, you’ve fantasized about spending the night in Cinderella Castle. But dare you plot to make the Magic Kingdom your private summer home? That’s the bright idea of Hades, the animated bad guy in 1997’s “Hercules” and the upcoming Walt Disney World interactive experience, Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom.

The walk-around activity, which places guests in the role of World-savers, is in testing mode and is planned to be available to the public in late February.

Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom at Disney World - OrlandoSentinel.com

This is an awesome use of the RFID chip. I love how Disney keeps on building and build on technology and can’t wait to see how they build RFID into more of the guest experience.

wow, thanks! This looks awesome-- I will be on the lookout in April!

I think it would be fun if I had a LOT of vacation days. Not sure I’d spend time doing it if I only had one day in the park.

[QUOTE=tigger;1100884]For all of you bummed about all the rides down right now looks like there is something new to entertain you around MK.

Spellbound: Sorcerers of Magic Kingdom looks to be a majorly upgraded version of EPCOT’s Kim Possible game. You use spell cards to help solve puzzles and defeat Disney Villains around the park.

This is an awesome use of the RFID chip. I love how Disney keeps on building and build on technology and can’t wait to see how they build RFID into more of the guest experience.[/QUOTE]

Wow! This sounds so cool! :happy:
Thank you for the update!! :laugh:

Seeing as my 13 year old niece is coming in July and wants to go to the parks…

Aww, how lovely! I hope you & your niece have fun in July then! :laugh:

Awesome… i like it, thanks a lot :smiley:

I am SURE that we will do this at the beginning of March, and I will give a full report when we get back. If no one goes before…

i will definitely try this out when i am there in early March!

I have been following this since the concept on Disney Blog (I read it daily). I have zero interest in this. I don’t know why, but I don’t.

We were able to “preview” this while we were there in January. We weren’t a family selected, but there were several folks around us doing it and it was VERY cool. For us, the Kim Possible thing was a GREAT way for the kids to blow off some energy in the World Showcase and we LOVED IT.

The cards were VERY cool.