Spirit $9 fare club

Hi all. I was just wondering if anyone was a member of the $9 fare club with Spirit? If so do you really get $9 fares? How does it work? Im kind of interested but I dont want to just give my credit card and find out that its not that great. Thanks!!

I thought that most of those fares were out of hub airports? I saw the $9 club on one of the fare sites before but we dont have spirit here in CT

HUB?? Whats that?? I have AC airport and Philly I can fly out of… Worse case I can do Baltimore…

A hub is where most flights come and go from- that way they have many flights to and from there. I see fares that low going to and from the Florida area because they have so many flights making the trip per day- its short flights back and forth. But I could be wrong-

I belonged at one time (now I don’t), I have never been able to get the $9 fare. I have be able to get $79 each way before, but I think most people can find that if they look and book at the right time.

An airline hub is an airport that an airline uses as a transfer point to get passengers to their intended destination. It is part of a hub and spoke model, where travelers moving between airports not served by direct flights change planes en route to their destinations. Many hubs of the airlines are also situated at airports in the cities of the respective head offices.

wikepedia has it all…lol:laugh::laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Thanks all!! All I know is to jump on SWA and it will take me to WDW :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I thought the $9 was the fee you paid to join and then you can get special offers that aren’t available to the public. We don’t travel that much so I didn’t join, but I do love flying out of AC.

When I read the fine print today on the site it stated that they will offer $9 fares often but I dont know if its worth it or not

My family use to belong to the 9 dollor club through spirit.We never got 9$ .We flew from AC Nj to St. Thomas in Nov 05 for 129$ +bag&seat fee & tax each way also the fee 35$ they charge to join the club per person.It would have been cheaper and easier to fly out of philly on usair.

I joined the $9 fare club and got a great rate for my august trip…The $9 fares are hard to come by if you have a set vacation. They are more to fill in empty seats close to a flight, but you do get decent discounts not available to the public.

If you dont mind me asking what was the rate you rec. I kind of want to have a ballpark idea before I get into the club.

The $9 was $9 to join and then was free for the first three months. I joined when I intended to look for airfare and cancelled right after I purchased the flights. I paid $79 on way for the flights…then the baggage fee $10 (now $20) per bag and the seating fee which was a total of $30. Total price for airfare without charges was $392 for me and DD…then $70 for extras. Still better than the outrageous prices they are charging for airfare now.

I wouldn’t fly US airs again if they paid me…SWA maybe, but I would rather pay a little more with these fees than deal with Philly airport.

We are $9 Fare Club members, it does save you a lot on fares. You just have to be a little bit flexible with your flights. We get the $9.00 fares all the time. From Ft myers to Detroit. But they have fares for less than $9.00 also. Once you sign up you will see all the great deals they have. A friend of mine just booked 4 people for $150.00 RT to come to Florida that included all the taxes Yes I mean $150.00 for all of them to fly. It is really great!

Thanks all! I think when Im about to book I will have to look into it. I rec an Email yesterday from them for $9 for some dates in Sept but Im pretty much flex for a $9 deal!!

[QUOTE=Dana;853630]The $9 was $9 to join and then was free for the first three months. I joined when I intended to look for airfare and cancelled right after I purchased the flights. I paid $79 on way for the flights…then the baggage fee $10 (now $20) per bag and the seating fee which was a total of $30. Total price for airfare without charges was $392 for me and DD…then $70 for extras. Still better than the outrageous prices they are charging for airfare now.

I wouldn’t fly US airs again if they paid me…SWA maybe, but I would rather pay a little more with these fees than deal with Philly airport.[/QUOTE]

I dont mind the extras but I do hate Philly airport!!

Atlantic City airport at Pomona NJ is a Spirit Hub. Spirit does offer some $9 fares to Orlando (MCO, in airport lingo). As stated above the $9 fares are offered to fill seats and you have to either be available to fly within the next few weeks or have a pre-set vacation planned and the $9 fares happen to fall when you are travelling. I do know someone who booked a flight in June to and from FLA at $9 each way. I do not think the baggage and seat booking fees are included. They also offer some flights at a discount, but more than $9 each way. Most people I know who used this could do the $9 only one way because the $9 was not offered on the day they planned to return. Great option if you can do it. AC is a great airport with convenient (and cheap compared to Philly) parking. Also try to use AC instead of Philly.