Spirit Airlines

Iam booking Spirit for the first time out Atlantic City and need some advice.

I have put off my airline tickets LONG enough, and I finally found the price and times I wanted. The price is $300 each but Iam saving $200 total as Im short on cash lately! :frowning:
I prefer Jet Blue, but the prices are ridiculous right now!

I know we have to pay for everything and Im not able to pay for bags/seats now but can I wait and pay for bags online up to Dept date?

And seats, If i take my chances and have them assigned at ck-in, will my daughter and I be able to sit together?

Thanks!!

I booked thru them and joined the spirit air club. It was $40 for the year, but it brought the airfare down a lot. Plus they have good times. The baggage is also cheaper than if you aren’t a member. I’m not sure about the seats. We are risking it, but I’m sure if u ask, you could switch with the person next to u if you don’t sit together.

Thanks! I have always debated on paying the $40 and $$ is extra tight this year. Iam a FREE Spirit member, and it gave me the cheaper prices for baggage???

I have an early flight booked, the first one out like at 6am, how far in advance should I arrive?

And where do you park and leave your car in the ECONOMY lot for $9 a day??

I cant help you on that. We arent big on leaving our car and paying for it lol. We are having my B-I-L take us. We have to leave about 330am to make it by 430am (I live in Sewell, so its like an hour ride) I would arrive atleast 2 hours before your flight…

2 HOURS? REALLY?
I always did 90mins… and thats for the bigger airports. I figured a small airport so early in the morning, an hour would be sufficient? WOW!

Security lines at ACY aren’t very crowded…it’s a small airport. If you get there 90 minutes before your flight, you will be fine. We live less than 15 minutes from the airport; we always take the first flight in the morning…usually about 6:30, so we leave our house about 4:30-4:45 to get to the airport at 5:00. We always pay for our seats so we are assured that we will be together; we flew SW once and had to sit separately on the way home. The $9 Club will save you money.

[QUOTE=Val32;1049464]Iam booking Spirit for the first time out Atlantic City and need some advice.

I have put off my airline tickets LONG enough, and I finally found the price and times I wanted. The price is $300 each but Iam saving $200 total as Im short on cash lately! :frowning:
I prefer Jet Blue, but the prices are ridiculous right now!

I know we have to pay for everything and Im not able to pay for bags/seats now but can I wait and pay for bags online up to Dept date?

And seats, If i take my chances and have them assigned at ck-in, will my daughter and I be able to sit together?

Thanks!![/QUOTE]

I have flown Spirit quite a few times…if you don’t pay for your seats and take the chance with them assigning you, you will not be guaranteed to be with your DD. I say quite a few families that took this chance and kids sitting alone. Some of these people actually asked for you to give your seat up…sorry I PAID for my location. I wouldn’t chance it.

[QUOTE=Val32;1049664]2 HOURS? REALLY?
I always did 90mins… and thats for the bigger airports. I figured a small airport so early in the morning, an hour would be sufficient? WOW![/QUOTE]

No way on the hour. Because it’s a smaller airport, that security can take longer.

Thank you!!! :smile:

Thank you Dana!
I will probably pay the $ and get the cheaper $10 seats!

Do you always leave your car there? Thats what Im gonna have to do so I dont have to rely on a ride. How much does a week cost?