Spirit of Aloha dinner at home

We had our own Spirit of Aloha dinner at home. We followed all the recipes and changed a couple of small things. There are a couple of things we would do different next time also. The dry rub on the ribs has allot of salt in it. I would cut that back and the recipe called for Mesquite that my DW did not like. The rice, bread and salad dressing was perfect. The bread was a little different in the way we made it. Next time we will make two small loafs and add all the pineapple and coconut to it. Over all it was a great meal but I did miss the Hula dancers.

That sounds fun and looks so good. I think we’re going to have to do a Disney themed meal a little closer to our trip.

OMG, I love it!!! What is the salad dressing like?

My DW says it is very light tasting and very easy to make. I thought it tasted like what we had at the real Spirit of Aloha dinner.

I’d love the recipe for that salad dressing! I’m getting bored, gotta make salad different somehow!

What an awesome idea for a meal! Do you mind posting recipes?

INGREDIENTS:

1 TBSP Corn Syrup

1/2 tsp. Onion Powder

2 TBSP Molasses

2 Cups Canola Oil

4 TBSP Sugar

1 TBSP Dijon Mustard

1/2 Mango Pureed

1 TBSP Poppyseeds

1/2 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar

1 Pinch Salt

1 tsp. Garlic, chopped

To Taste – White Pepper

METHOD:

1. Wash and peel mango. Dice into cubes and puree in food processor.

2. Continue blending and add the rest of the ingredients (except for the poppy seeds), blend until creamy consistency.

3. Pour in canola oil slowly until completely emulsified; add poppy seeds at the very end.

4. Adjust seasoning to taste and keep refrigerated.

A good accompaniment for all types of mixed greens or fruit and vegetable relish

We got all of our recipes off of ALLEARS.NET I went to their search engine and typed in recipes. That brought up all their recipes. It is listed under the Poly.

The bread looks awesome! haha. Makes me wish I had made the bread now! Oh well, guess I’ll have to make the Polynesian meal again… :stuck_out_tongue: haha. Everything looks yummy!

Thanks Brit but OH MY, that’s quite a recipe just for salad dressing. :tongue: I think I’ll just come over next time you do the luau! hehe.

Why have I never thought of doing a Disney themed meal before? Genious! It all looks great!

It is a great idea. I got the idea from StaceyDarling! We are now going to do a Disney dinner every weekend. Not a full blown meal but something from one of our Disney Recipe books or a meal off the internet. This weekend we are doing the Guiness Stew from the Rose & Crown at EPCOT and the Peanut Butter pie from the Disney Cruise line.

WishUponAStar your welcome to come and do Disney anytime.

Ok I was just looking at the recipe for the Guiness Stew at ALLEARS.NET. I was wondering if it was the same as it is in the recipe book. It’s not. The online does not mention adding 1/2 cup of flour. It could be a miss print, but it does mention you can add a slurry of water and cornstarch to thicken it. The The measurments very a little also.

[QUOTE=brit;948809]It is a great idea. I got the idea from StaceyDarling! We are now going to do a Disney dinner every weekend. Not a full blown meal but something from one of our Disney Recipe books or a meal off the internet. This weekend we are doing the Guiness Stew from the Rose & Crown at EPCOT and the Peanut Butter pie from the Disney Cruise line.

WishUponAStar your welcome to come and do Disney anytime.[/QUOTE]

That peanut butter pie sounds sooo yummmy. My brother loves peanut butter! I better check that out! haha.