Spirit's Big Sale

Spirit Airline is having another $8.00 each way sale. You must be part of the $9 Fare club when you purchase the tickets.

They run them often…the trick is getting the exact dates you want. They do have decent prices for all their flights when they run this event. I got $79 one way because they didn’t have my dates.

BE AWARE: their luggage rates just went up on 7/1 ($30 a person for two bags) and they may you pay to pick your seat ($30 a person). Factor that into the fare sale to see if you are getting a good deal or not.

[QUOTE=Dana;856487]They run them often…the trick is getting the exact dates you want. They do have decent prices for all their flights when they run this event. I got $79 one way because they didn’t have my dates.

BE AWARE: their luggage rates just went up on 7/1 ($30 a person for two bags) and they may you pay to pick your seat ($30 a person). Factor that into the fare sale to see if you are getting a good deal or not.[/QUOTE]

I guess you just have to pack really light. The airlines are charging these outrages prices so that they can save in the long run. They are hoping that people just carry on bags.

That was the idea when they started this luggage charge and people got smart and started packing lighter…so now they charge you to pick your seat…low fares are cool until you see all the added extras. I think I would rather just have a higher price for the ticket and know that’s the last thing I have to pay for.

Jet Blue just announced today new lower fares! I got an email about it, but I bet the new info is on the website, if anyone needs Jet Blue fares.

I love using Spirit Air because they are the only airline flying out of Atlantic City Airport to Orlando -however- they are getting a little crazy with the low come-on fares and outrageous luggage and seat charges. I booked back in June for a December trip and paid full price for 2 seats (but that full price is higher now). I was charged $10 per bag (2 bags going down and 2 bags coming back) plus $30 to reserve the 4 seats (2 down and 2 back). I think the charge was $15 each way for the window seat and no charge for the center seat. There is a charge for the aisle seat if you choose that one. Either we both sit in the middle seat of different rows or we pay $30 round trip. So far Spirit Air has $637 of my money for 2 round trip tickets with luggage and seats. The sad part is that fare would be $697 today. If a $9 fare is offered for our departure or return dates, I will try to modify the reservation. These won’t come out until closer to December. Life used to be so simple. By the time you get through booking the airfare, you really need to relax in a Magical Place.

I totally understand that feeling…they really make it hard.

I can’t complain to much…the airfare that I got back in January for this august is now over $900 with all the extras and inflated fare prices…I paid half that.

Don’t forget that there is a charge to modify flights, I pulled this from the Spirit website. It may not be worth it in the long run:

[B]Travel Itinerary Modification and Cancellation Policy:

MODIFICATIONS TO NON-REFUNDABLE BOOKINGS
24 Hours Prior to flight scheduled departure time:
Any modifications made to: flights, dates, or cities must be made 24 hours or more prior to the flight’s scheduled departure time, and the following charges apply:
Modifications made online at spiritair.com:

$80.00 USD service fee / plus applicable fare difference
Modifications made through Reservations or at Airport locations:

$90.00 USD service fee/ plus applicable fare difference
When modifying a reservation and the fare is less than the original fare amount, a credit will be issued less the amount of the service fee. Credits are good for 1 year and all travel must be booked and completed within one (1) year from the original purchase date.[/B]