Spirt of Aloha dinner

Ok trying to get last minute items together to make ADR’s which is better the early 5:15 show or the 8 o’clock show. I am think about the later show since on the night Oct. 27th that I am looking at they are having Mnsshp and than the other parks are all closing at 9 or earlier. So I figured after we could do the parks and than head to the dinner and catch the fireworks at Mk perhaps from the poly or outside around that area before heading back to Pop where right now we are booked. Unless I can sway a WL stay instead. Thank you.

I’m curious as well! I’ve never done this show.

If it includes “fire” dancing & such, I would have to believe that the 8pm show would be better… Dark and all…

I would like to know this also, I booked the 5:15 show for our trip, but now I’m not so sure.

We did the earlier show because I didn’t want to eat all that good food so late at night. It was in November and I also thought it may be a little too cool. We could see the fire and everything okay then.

I loved the show, and both DH and I enjoyed the meal. Well worthwhile.

We did the 5:15 show last Oct end it was fine. And I would not want to eat all that food that late and it was a lot.

We did the Spirit of Aloha and thought it was really nice. I know some MB’ers are not that impressed, but we thought it was a very nice evening- it’s not a long evening show and there is not a great deal for smaller children- but the dancing is beautiful, the fire eating impressive and the food and drink was fine.

I would say it depends on when you go. Mid summer, the later show is fantastic because you can see the fire dance in the dark. During the summer, that same fire dance loses some “spark” in the sunlight. Plus, no a/c and that theater is RIDICULOUSLY hot in the summer. The further back you are in the theater, the hotter it gets.

So, if you are going in the summer, the later show it is! But, any other time, makes no difference.

Good luck, we love that show and we love the Poly. We ponied up one time for the first tier seats and ended up with the front and center table. They put me in the show a couple of times, my daughter a couple of times, my wife once, and we had a blast!

Good luck! Have fun!

The time frame is for the last week in October that we are going to be there.

My family does the Spirit of Aloha dinner EVERY year since 2005. It’s completely worth the 2 tickets!!! Service is great and friendly, the show is entertaining for all ages, but honestly… I GO FOR THE FOOD. It’s amazing. Delish. Like, I need to stop talking about it because my mouth is watering!!! haha :laugh:

We even recreate some of our favorite menu items and make a Polynesian dinner every now and them. I make a mean mango and poppyseed dressing! :happy:

Good luck and I hope you guys have a wonderful time!

[QUOTE=StaceyDarling!;1075031]My family does the Spirit of Aloha dinner EVERY year since 2005. It’s completely worth the 2 tickets!!! Service is great and friendly, the show is entertaining for all ages, but honestly… I GO FOR THE FOOD. It’s amazing. Delish. Like, I need to stop talking about it because my mouth is watering!!! haha :laugh:

We even recreate some of our favorite menu items and make a Polynesian dinner every now and them. I make a mean mango and poppyseed dressing! :happy:

Good luck and I hope you guys have a wonderful time![/QUOTE]

I liked the food too Stacey and the wine too (a little too much the wine:laugh:)

October might not be so bad, maybe it isn’t so hot.

I would honestly say that if you walk back under the awning in the summer to some of the lower grade tables, that is by FAR some of the hottest temperatures I have ever experienced in my life. I spent some time near Death Valley in the Army, in August. That temperature couldn’t even come close to the back tables at the Spirit of Aloha. It was INSANE, my wife and I talk about that now still, 3 years later.

Get a front table, go for either show, you will have a blast! And they are right, FANTASTIC FOOD and a fun fun fun show!

This is definitely on my to do list…

Hahaha, yeah! My brother in law enjoyed the Pina Colada’s a little too much too!! Let’s just say the trip back to EPCOT was interesting… :laugh::huh::laugh:

Oh and my family does the 8pm show! We like eating later, so it interrupts less park time and also, we are just late eaters. But the show is beautiful at that time, because when you arrive it’s still light enough to catch a beautiful picture with the family that they set up, you get to enjoy the sunset at the Poly, and the fire show is beautiful at night!

I agree with going to the early show. I ahve been to both and the late one really starts to get late especially after being in the parks all day.

I have been going to the show since 1996 and the last time was just after they changed the show and I have always enjoyed the show and the food, Everyone around me seemed to enjoy both also.