Splash Mountain and Kali River Rapids Refurb

Both Kali and Splash are scheduled to be down most of January; Kali until Jan 29th and Splash until Jan 31. What are the chances that they will be back up and running early? I love love love Splash and really want the newbies with me on this trip to ride it. Our last day in MK will be the 28th.

you can hope ,sometimes it gets up early ,but don’t bet on it…good luck i know how you feel

Blech, I know. I have been bummed out about Splash for the longest time. My favorite ride. It’s always closed in January. I forgot when I made reservations :sad:

brrr… . we were there last year in january and it was freezing, can’t imagine getting wet on either ride. :ohmy:

but, sorry you will miss splash mountain. . it is one of my favorites, too!!

It has been pretty cold here in FL so I would guess they are using all the time they scheduled… But it is true that you never know if things will open earlier than expected.

One advantage of riding SM when it is cold is that they turn off the water cannons (sometimes). We have been there for EMH when it was pretty chilly and didn’t even get wet… that is perfect (unless it is hot and you need the cool down).

We were there a few years ago when SM was being refurbed and they did open a few days ahead of schedule…but the water cannons still got us!

Oh I wish this were true for our trip. I am afraid we won’t get to ride Splash :crying:

Splash is our family’s signature ride! LOVE IT!! We rode it on an EMH night at 2am…in freezing temps…18 degrees with wind chill. :snowman: Water cannons were off. As we were riding through and singing along, my DH and I noted the fishing area (with the turltes on their backs). No jumping water or rushing spouts under the character’s backs. :crying: I hope that’s the section they plan to spend refurb time on…

Hope it’s quick too, for my pinky pal’s sake…

[QUOTE=HappyCamper;1061901]Splash is our family’s signature ride! LOVE IT!! We rode it on an EMH night at 2am…in freezing temps…18 degrees with wind chill. :snowman: Water cannons were off. As we were riding through and singing along, my DH and I noted the fishing area (with the turltes on their backs). No jumping water or rushing spouts under the character’s backs. :crying: I hope that’s the section they plan to spend refurb time on…

Hope it’s quick too, for my pinky pal’s sake…[/QUOTE]

:pinch: Oh I wish I hadn’t read that