Splash Mountain Referbusiment!

On another site (WDWMagic) they posted that Splash Mountain will be having it’s annual refurbishment in January 2010. The refurb begins on January 3 2010, and will remain closed until February 27 2010, reopening on the 28th. As always, these dates could shift, but this is the current plan.

This stinks for me as I will be there the 7-10.

aww gee, I have actually moved trips around the refurb of Splash Mountain. I am sorry you are going to miss it. Reason to plan another trip

splash was closed for upgrade in april ,this year so why the refurb …so early doesn’t make sense

They are doing so much refurb work! It can’t need a new lick of paint aleady can it?

I can’t remember exactly, but it does seems like it was down recently for a refurb, and now it is going down again??

In my opinion Splash Mountain could always use a referb, my question is why so long?

Really? They had a major refurb and reopened just the day before we arrived in January. I wonder what that’s all about :confused:

ok here is what I know …for fact sometime late apr it was closed for major refurbishment…just got off the WDW web site and it has been closed for refurshment from oct 2-nov 21 after that no idea…but when it was shut down in apr it was ,at that time supposed to be a major overhaul,I have no idea if that hppenned or not…and it is down now for a refurb till nov 21…

also have no idea why it has not been upgraded like splash at DLR …during halloween right now DLR has added special effects included ghosts …integrated into the ride…will let you know about it trying to get up there next weekend…DLR has music ,is smoother and seems slightly faster …WDW is OLDER version …that is why last april I heared when it was shutdown late april this was a major overhaul…

oh for Pete’s sake, you’re talking about Space Mountain, we’re talking about Splash Mountain. Phewwww, I am glad you got that wrong. I couldn’t bear to go and not be able to ride Splash Mountain :pirate::pirate:

sorry ,need to get glasses or something I was reading another post about space and got them mixed up…soooooooooo sorry

heehee, it is quite alright. I am so glad you did that and not I, because it definitely is something I would do.

:cool:

hehehe, that’s funny XD. I was told that Splash Mountain was closed for a referb though only a couple of months ago… it’s rumored they are installing lap bars?

Who’s rumoring? would lap bars be necessary?

WDWMagic. I don’t think they are, when we went I felt completely safe.

i was getting confused for a minute lol! it was working fine yesterday
lap bars would be silly.
seriously i don’t know of any log rides that have them unless they are really really steep and high.:pinch:

[QUOTE=nubeanie;998450]i was getting confused for a minute lol! it was working fine yesterday
lap bars would be silly.
seriously i don’t know of any log rides that have them unless they are really really steep and high.:pinch:[/QUOTE]

amen! this is such a mild ride, I can’t imagine why they would futz around with it.

I always feel like I’m throwing myself over my 4 yr old going down the mountain, so mabe they wouldn’t be half bad. At least to calm my paranoia lol.