Splash mountain refurb 2013

Hi all, Splash mountain is in refurb from Jan to March 19, long refurb. Does anyone know if they are doing major changes to it this year or just fixes?

NOOO!!! our favorite ride is down when we are there

Just a guess, but I have noticed Splash has been taken down a few times over the last years for a short period of time. My guess is that with all of the water splashed around the mechanical items need to be attended to. And it seem to be in the winter months they work on it.

Hmm. Well, nope sorry. It needs to open before March, and that’s that.

I know they are doing work on the drop. It needed some major work done.

Well that’s frightening, isn’t it? :ohmy:

LOL. . .my thoughts exactly. :ohmy:

Isn’t that (drop) the whole idea :laugh:

The whole thing needs some up keep… even if it was just fixed. I think it is a hard thing to keep up. Love that ride though…

They normally take Splash down for extended maintenance during the “deep” Florida winter every other year. Or is it every year?
Remember, there’s a lot of things that add up to the total Splash Mountain experience beyond the ride system and boats. Lots of little things!

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1128414]They normally take Splash down for extended maintenance during the “deep” Florida winter every other year. Or is it every year?
Remember, there’s a lot of things that add up to the total Splash Mountain experience beyond the ride system and boats. Lots of little things![/QUOTE]

…every time we went to WDW during January it was shut down…we don’t like getting wet unless it’s super hot out so it was never a problem for us…

This simply will not do. Our annual anniversary vacation is the week right before they reopen after the refurb. I shall have to protest and even ask Rowdy to intervene! :slight_smile:

nooooooo our trip march 5th-march 12th, we are JUST missing it!!!

It’s not the mechanics of the drop, it’s the aesthetics along the drop. Nothing that affected safety. Sorry, should have been more clear.

When we were there in Dec half of the animatronic were not working properly.

Nope, un-unh. Cat’s already out of the bag. No way to get rid of the fear now… :laugh:

From what I understand they are adding a new sprinkler/fire system too. I was told they had put up a tent over the whole loading area because of falling concrete during their work. Maybe it is good they closed it rather than a chunk of rock hit someone in the head.

I have seen it down for long periods before and while at the park found them painting it. This attraction must use a ton of paint and be quite a job to completed.

I was just there a few days ago, and the entire track for the drop was gone…replaced with a type of scaffolding…kinda creepy looking!

Cosmicwaves, any chance you took a quick picture?