Splitsville at DTD

Spin on Bowling Rolls Into Downtown Disney Area Fall of 2012

April 4, 2012 10:23am News

While we are now beginning to enjoy the spring weather, it’s hard to skip ahead and think about fall.
The Downtown Disney Area at Walt Disney World Resort has made it easy to fast-forward in time with these photos enticing us with the opening of Splitsville.
A new type of entertainment experience will roll into the Walt Disney World Resort this fall (2012) with the opening of Splitsville at Downtown Disney West Side. Combining bowling with billiards, dining, music and nightlife, Splitsville will include 45,000 square feet of fun with 30 lanes on two floors.

Between strikes and spares, bowlers can feast on hand-tossed pizza, fresh-rolled sushi, hand-cut filet sliders and other menu items served right at the lane, all while enjoying an entertaining atmosphere.

The all-new day-and-nighttime venue also will be available for birthday parties and corporate events.
I don’t know about you, but I am really excited about Splitsville. As more photos and details on the venue are released I will be sure to share so you can get your own bowling team psyched and ready for some fun, food and competition!

Thanks Dopey!! I was talking to my cousin who works for Disney a couple weeks ago and I was asking him if he had heard anything on Splitsville at DTD but he said he had not really heard anything but he thought it looked like it was coming along and would open soon!! Thanks for the update, I will have to share with him!! :slight_smile:

Isn’t this exciting? I can’t wait to go and see it. I may not bowl (don’t want to make a fool out of myself) but I need to see it.

What does your cousin do for Disney?

Wow this looks wicked! Love bowling too so this will be a fun place for us.

You know a bowling alley didn’t sound too thrilling, but this sounds pretty nice. My DS was so disappointed when the clubs closed down. At least it’s more than another store.

[QUOTE=Dopey;1106587]Isn’t this exciting? I can’t wait to go and see it. I may not bowl (don’t want to make a fool out of myself) but I need to see it.

What does your cousin do for Disney?[/QUOTE]

Very exciting!! I cannot wait to see it either!!

My cousin works at the Animal Kingdom Lodge at Boma. He’s my eyes inside Disney :), since I live 1200 miles from Disney!! :frowning:

Bowling?
The contingent from Buffalo will LOVE that!
I’ll give it a few tries in the future, I’m sure of that.
Could even give me the excuse to finally get that custom drilled ball so I won’t have to suffer with right handed balls because I’m a lefty.

Love it!!!

[QUOTE=kravitz1983;1106598]Very exciting!! I cannot wait to see it either!!

My cousin works at the Animal Kingdom Lodge at Boma. He’s my eyes inside Disney :), since I live 1200 miles from Disney!! :([/QUOTE]

cool eyes :laugh:

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1106601]Bowling?
The contingent from Buffalo will LOVE that!
I’ll give it a few tries in the future, I’m sure of that.
Could even give me the excuse to finally get that custom drilled ball so I won’t have to suffer with right handed balls because I’m a lefty.[/QUOTE]

See, I never knew there were right and left handed balls. Oye, I am a lefty myself.

We don’t have time to work DTD into our schedule, but that looks cool!

Our family loves to bowl, and I am trying to talk DH into an early fall trip. Let’s hope it opens early and we can visit.

I for one and super excited about this!!!

I didn’t really know myself until I worked in sporting goods while in college and was trained to measure and drill balls.

But when you think about it, a left handed ball will be drilled as a mirror image of a right handed ball because of the positions of the index and middle fingers.
If you ever did find a lefty ball at the alley, you’d probably marvel at the fit, just the same as Cinderella and her glass slipper:mickey:

But of course, if the ball is fitted for you instead of just being an alley cast off, it is like the slipper because it will only fit you “just so” and no one else.

I’m guessing they’re putting Splitsville in the space that was built for the departed Virgin Megastore if this is going in the West Side.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1106644]

I’m guessing they’re putting Splitsville in the space that was built for the departed Virgin Megastore if this is going in the West Side.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is going in there.

After the Princess Diana exhibition, didn’t they put Ridemakerz in there which is now moving to another spot?
did anyone ever go in there and play with the cars?

[QUOTE=Dopey;1106659]Yes, it is going in there.

After the Princess Diana exhibition, didn’t they put Ridemakerz in there which is now moving to another spot?
did anyone ever go in there and play with the cars?[/QUOTE]

They did have Ridemakerz in there when it first opened.
I’m not sure if I went inside or just looked at the window. I know it looked like there was a lot of unused space inside. I think in the end I decided I didn’t need that toy so I didn’t spend much time.

I am a horrible bowler, but it does look very nice!

For our yearly managers meeting we ended up in a bowling alley and had a BLAST. Growing up there was a bowling alley under the movie theater. Then if you got good you went to the next town over to play at the “big lanes”.

I have to check this out next time I go!

Thanks for the idea,
Harry

[QUOTE=Dopey;1106659]Yes, it is going in there.

did anyone ever go in there and play with the cars?[/QUOTE]

Ridemakerz is now located inside Team Mickey Athletic Club at Downtown Disney Marketplace.

Aha! and where did Team Mickey go? This is like musical stores :laugh: