Spring discount code bummer

I read Disney blog, mouse misers and go on countless WDW related websites every day waiting for a discount to come for this Spring. When I logged on to Disney Blog this morning and saw the 30% off discount code I was so excited I screamed! I called and waited on hold forever and had the greatest CM ever. The discount was room only of course and changing my reservation saved me a whole $50…lol The CM searched and searched (we were on the phone for over 30minutes while she applied every single discount code she could find to my trip…none worked! I have never felt so good about NOT getting a discount. She seriously was awesome. She hinted that I may see a package discount coming out soon…heads up all!

That is a bummer…hopefully something will come out!

If what I am reading about the economy is correct expect a lot of discounts this coming spring and summer.

During the last down turn Disney relied on foreign visitors to fill the void. I don’t think Europeans will be coming to “on sale” America for vacation…probably means more Brazilians…

(just this past week Disney announced that it was not looking at any new capital expenditure for the foreseeable future…once the current round of park updates/hotel expansion/cruise line ships are built they are done. Lots of belt tightening being done not just at Disney but a number of other large companies…analyst outlook for 2013/14 is not very good…but the good news is that means more discounts!)

double post…

[QUOTE=tigger;1096917]
Lots of belt tightening being done not just at Disney but a number of other large companies…analyst outlook for 2013/14 is not very good. [/QUOTE]

This country needs a 21st Century WPA in order to rebuild the bridge “FROM” the 20th Century!
Embark on the systematic reconstruction of our roads, bridges, sewers, electric grid, and public buildings and there will be plenty of work for the construction industry, which will ripple through the rest of the economy and put almost everyone back to work.
Even better, when they finish the roads and bridges in 10-15 years, it will be time for the first round of updates and repavement.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1096923]This country needs a 21st Century WPA in order to rebuild the bridge “FROM” the 20th Century!
Embark on the systematic reconstruction of our roads, bridges, sewers, electric grid, and public buildings and there will be plenty of work for the construction industry, which will ripple through the rest of the economy and put almost everyone back to work.
Even better, when they finish the roads and bridges in 10-15 years, it will be time for the first round of updates and repavement.[/QUOTE]

We already spend about a trillion dollars every 5 years on infrastructure constructions (roads, bridges, tunnels, etc), Have been for close to 50 years now…that is a lot of stimulus.

What we have gotten is a lot of roads, bridges and tunnels to nowhere (or at least a lot of money spent on under utilized infrastructure that then needs to be kept up).

Every dollar the government spends it has to take out of the economy. Usually it is taken from the efficient and effective growing part of the economy. Government stimulus is hardly ever as effective or efficient than private sector spending.

I leave you with FDR’s Treasury Secretary (and architect of the New Deal) Henry Morgenthau, Jr statement to Congress as to the effectiveness of programs like the WPA: “We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work. . . . After eight years of this administration we have just as much unemployment as when we started . . . and an enormous debt to boot!”

I am VERY hopeful that a package discount will be coming!!

Still no package discount. I may switch it up and go in August. Time will tell. I have some things cooking that may make an August trip to good to pass up. As much as I want to be one of the first to stay at AOA, the discount may be to much to pass up.

Hopefully you have unlimited long distance, otherwise the phone call absorbed part of your savings. Sure wish WDW would get an 800 #.
Good luck on something coming up for you this year.
We’ve postponed our trip until late spring 2013. DH graduates with his Masters next Fall and the Ceremony’s are in CA and FL. All the expansions and major refurbs should be done by then. Hope the discounts continue to roll in.

Hey, if they brought back the kids stay and play free this year I would love to see if we could swing it…though our oldest is 10 now. However, we would have the 3 younger ones going for free. I know that if we could not have gotten that deal we would not have been able to go down and get the meal plan…and dinner at the GF.

This is more than likely not even going to matter at this point. I think we are changing our trip to August. I could kick myself now…I could have had a bounce back for FREE DDP…BLECH!