Spring (Winter) 2013 Trip to the World

I am starting my trip report a bit early. Actually I am trying something a little different. Every day I will be uploading my pics to Facebook. So if you have a Facebook account you can follow the action there. When I get back I will fill in the blanks here with a written description. The photos should be public so we do not have to be Facebook friends for you to see them. I hope this works like I want. There is only one pic right now since we are still a few days out but I will be busy and wanted to do this as I was thinking of it.

Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4154060492087.2144112.1301166300&type=1

Great idea Scott- can’t wait to see it develop.

Do not take the impression that I will not accept friends on Facebook either. Just be ready for my lunatic rants.

Just sent you a friend request!

Looking forward to the mayhem!

Anxiously awaiting your trip and all of the pics!

sent a request too.

We left Indy at 7:00 AM with the temperature sitting at 4 degrees. Traveled to Dayton as it was about $375 cheaper than flying out of Indy. Dayton airport is wonderful by the way!

Flight was uneventful and ME bus was our first walk on of the trip. :laugh: First stop was OKW things were going so smooth, we were literally at the resort within 45 minutes of deplaning.

When we arrived at our resort they had made a mistake with our reservation. To be specific the new computer system split our two rooms into two separate reservations. We were supposed to have two studios. They got that part right but the two rooms were on opposite ends of the resort . Long story short, they upgraded DW and I to a one bedroom, and put the kids in a connecting room. Things like this are why I come to Walt Disney World. If they mess up they make it up and then some.

We were at Magic Kingdom by 5:30 rode a few rides and then headed to DTD for supper at Raglan Road. This was our first visit and I was very impressed. The music was good, dancers spectacular, and the food blew me away. I started off with the shrimp appetizer. Very good. DW had a burger which she loved. I had the fish and chips and would have to say I think it is the best I have ever had. Rose & Crown move over. We are celebrating my birthday a few days late this trip and Christopher, our server, insisted we have a bread pudding on the house. I was actually feeling full but who am I to turn down free food? Out came the pudding with a candle! The lady (who had enjoyed one pint too many) at the table next to us started singing Happy Birthday. Thankfully no one joined in and it died out before the second line.

I will be posting pics tomorrow night. I grabbed the wrong laptop and have no slot for my card so I will have to get a USB cable to transfer. The pics will be at the link I posted above.

Upgrade??? Thats always nice!!! I agree, Disney does know how to make up for their mistakes. Glad things are going great!!

[QUOTE=cubsblue;1129324]We left Indy at 7:00 AM with the temperature sitting at 4 degrees. Traveled to Dayton as it was about $375 cheaper than flying out of Indy. Dayton airport is wonderful by the way!

Flight was uneventful and ME bus was our first walk on of the trip. :laugh: First stop was OKW things were going so smooth, we were literally at the resort within 45 minutes of deplaning.

When we arrived at our resort they had made a mistake with our reservation. To be specific the new computer system split our two rooms into two separate reservations. We were supposed to have two studios. They got that part right but the two rooms were on opposite ends of the resort . Long story short, they upgraded DW and I to a one bedroom, and put the kids in a connecting room. Things like this are why I come to Walt Disney World. If they mess up they make it up and then some.

We were at Magic Kingdom by 5:30 rode a few rides and then headed to DTD for supper at Raglan Road. This was our first visit and I was very impressed. The music was good, dancers spectacular, and the food blew me away. I started off with the shrimp appetizer. Very good. DW had a burger which she loved. I had the fish and chips and would have to say I think it is the best I have ever had. Rose & Crown move over. We are celebrating my birthday a few days late this trip and Christopher, our server, insisted we have a bread pudding on the house. I was actually feeling full but who am I to turn down free food? Out came the pudding with a candle! The lady (who had enjoyed one pint too many) at the table next to us started singing Happy Birthday. Thankfully no one joined in and it died out before the second line.

I will be posting pics tomorrow night. I grabbed the wrong laptop and have no slot for my card so I will have to get a USB cable to transfer. The pics will be at the link I posted above.[/QUOTE]

I believe you guys are DVC right and are staying on points…am I wrong

Great pictures! Looks like your having a lot of fun.

Great pictures! I can’t wait for more detail!

:slight_smile: just what I needed some good pics to get me by. Love that you take pics of the different stuff rather than just the standard castle.
“Following” your album!

Great pics! I too love Raglan Road! It pulls on my Irish heartstrings.

I will start catching up on the tr soon. Most of the pics are up. I will finish them once the Photopass CD gets here.

John, that room was on points.

Great pics!!!

One thing I want to clarify on our upgrade. I am positive it was due to the fact that the original reservation was totally lost in the transfer to the new system at their property. I don’t think there were any studios left and they had no choice but to move us to a one bedroom. I would not count on a DVC upgrade ever. It simply does not happen. This was a fluke.

Day Two & Three:
Saturday had morning EMH at DHS. DD was worn out and wanted to sleep in so she and DW did. DS and I were off and hit RRC and TOT multiple times before they arrived.
Note, I am the guy taking the pic. :laugh:

From my point of view.

Lunch was at PT and dw was not very hungry. Thankfully our waiter was quite helpful.

We split up and DW and I headed for MK via Wilderness Lodge. I love walking that property. We got to MK just in time for the Celebrate parade.

Minnie seemed quite happy that I was celebrating my birthday.

We hit the right side of the park and virtually all of New Fantasyland. Supper at Plaza and a few more rides then back to OKW to sleep.

Sunday we packed up and had bell services take all our bags to BWV. Then spent some time visiting with family in the area. We spent a good part of the day wondering different properties and getting DD’s senior pics done. Sunday afternoon is our day of rest normally and nothing changes at Disney. We kick back and relax.

Day Four - Monday:
First off I want to say I give up on pics here. Just go to the Facebook links and check em out. I am too lazy to re-size them or upload them anywhere else.

Up and at em! We got to MK just after rope drop. Rode BTMRR multiple times and then roamed the park hitting several rides. It was then time for lunch so we headed to Plaza for an ADR. On the way there in the area between Casey’s and Crystal Palace I spotted Gary Buchanan who is Social Media Managing Editor for Disney Parks Public Relations at Walt Disney World Resort. I really like some of the work he has done lately and we had a great time visiting with him. He even let us throw around the ball that Joe Flacco would be using later in the day. DW thought I was nuts for spending so much time with him but #1 I want his job :laugh: and #2 I wanted to get all the info I could from him. We found out that Flacco would be late and found out where the step off for the Super Bowl parade was so that was some pluses. Also found that Micheal Strahan would be in later in the week in preparation for some tapings later in the month. Now it was really time for our meal so we had to almost run to Plaza.

This is one of our favorite places. I admit the food is mediocre but we like the ambiance and the CM’s are always great. They are even starting to recognize us. I had a burger and which was great. Their fries are always fresh as well.

After lunch we went to stake out a spot for the Superbowl Parade. Waited 90 minutes which I will not do again but will say it was worth it to see something that only happens once a year and something I have wanted to see in person for a long time. We killed the time waiting by trading pins and making some new friends. The parade was about 1 minute and kind of cool. It was billed as limited time magic which struck me as Disney just trying to make up for having nothing else planned that week because this is something they do every year. The park was getting pretty congested as lots of people from the competition had stayed. So we headed to HS.

We hit Rock N Roller Coaster a couple times then headed to Star Tours. Finally got to see all of the storylines for that. It was EMH that night but we left before they were up and headed to ESPN for supper. The meal was good with the exception of the wings. They were the most flavorless things I have ever had. They made up for it with the loaded fries. The sirloin I had was very good as was the mac and cheese that came with it. We agreed that we would eat there again if staying at Boardwalk. That was one of the nicest things about being at BW. The short walk from supper to turn in for the night. More to come.