Star tours

…so what is really new with Star tours? I searched but can’t find any specifics…what changed after the redo?

I’m not an expert but I didn’t see any changes in the ride vehicle or queue. Every ride is different now, it’s randomized now so you will see a different sequence each time. We think it very cool now and do it at least twice while we’re in the area.

There are new glasses too! :slight_smile:

The new sequences make it pretty fun, since you are always wondering which ride you will be on, and, there are surprise guests…:ph34r:

Oh good…it does sound like you need to ride more than once a trip now…we had gotten so we only rode it once…and it was pretty much a walk on…thanks…

Still, the wait is not that long. We rode it 2 weeks ago, and saw 3 different videos. The kids loved it!

We walked on both last summer and last week. In June when I went down with our band we did end up waiting about 30 minutes but it was Star Wars weekend so I think that caused a longer than usual wait.

You mean other than the ride film becoming a randomly branching ride film that takes you different places, C-3PO is now the pilot, or it’s in 3D?
Well, they changed the Starspeeder 3000 to a Starspeeder 1000 when you first enter, and they’ve added little touches to the queue such as new animatronic droids and video screens. They’ve also changed the Star Tours in terminal advertisement on the big screen. There’s even a TSA droid that x-rays bags and “disposes” of suspicious packages.
Twice I’ve seen Wall-E in the x-rayed suitcase.

After going on the old ride many times this is probably the one ride I am most excited to see on our trip later this year!

As many of your know, I am a huge Star Wars fan. My daughter is not however, so she agreed to ride it just once with me last vacation. This re-vamp is so cool that after that one ride, she wanted to do it again and again…don’t sell it short. It’s worth more than a one time shot. She calls that her favorite now.

We are all big Star Wars fans here…DD still has the little Ewok she got at MGM many many moons ago…:smile: I look forward to Star Tours…good to know in case we don’t get a FP and have to wait.

Thanks everyone.

Not only am I not a Star Wars fan–I’ve never seen any of the movies but I still think the ride is great, especially with the renovations.

[QUOTE=smallworld;1118885]We are all big Star Wars fans here…DD still has the little Ewok she got at MGM many many moons ago…:smile: I look forward to Star Tours…good to know in case we don’t get a FP and have to wait.

Thanks everyone.[/QUOTE]

You are going to LOVE the update then. We rode three times in a row and went back for more on another day just to see the different versions of it. So fun!

We’ve done it several times since the redo. We’ve had a few different versions of the ride. My son & I like it, but it makes my DH a little queasy. The seats are the same, just revamped the movie, which I think was overdue anyway.

Hmmmm—is it bumpier than before? I have motion sickness but the Star Tours is not sustained bumpy for long so it never bothered me—and I closed my eyes when I felt my vision making me go nuts…is it worse now?

It’s a little bumpy, but I think it’s more the 3D effect that bothers him. It’s a simulator a little more intense than before. I am usually the one who has issues with rides, but this one doesn’t bother me so much.

Ok…thanks…At least I will know what to expect…

I think that part is about the same.

I don’t think it’s bumpier either, but the 3D effects are way better giving it the over all feel that it may be.

It’s just, so…BEAUTIFUL!!! Quite possibly the greatest simulator I’ve ever ridden!

I can’t wait!!