Star Wars Theme Park?!?

Let’s hope this means the end of the Avatorland.

Disney wants more ‘Star Wars’ in its theme parks- MSN Money

As long as the Ewoks don’t take over and replace Chip and Dale as the class clowns this will be great. Much more to offer than Avatar. They should just burn that movie and let it die a quick death.

Yesp—I agree—I never saw the movie and have no plans to— I just don’t connect that to Disney at all…

Ewoks would be lots of fun and I do think they will be the “clowns” from Star Wars!!! :slight_smile:

Let’s hope…I am not even remotely excited about Avatar land at this point…

Destination America ran a bunch of new Disney shows last week and Imagineers indicated they are definitely going ahead with Avatarland (bet you by the time the second movie finally comes out, it underperforms, though not as bad as John Carter and the execs will be kicking themselves for their bad decision), but I don’t recall any timeframe for projected opening. A new Star Wars area in the Studios makes the most sense to me. The next best idea would be a Tomorrowland Star Wars makeover, though this works better in Disneyland which is already home to Star Tours.

[QUOTE=smallworld;1133469]Yesp—I agree—I never saw the movie and have no plans to— I just don’t connect that to Disney at all…

Ewoks would be lots of fun and I do think they will be the “clowns” from Star Wars!!! :)[/QUOTE]

Avatar has no connection to Disney. Fox owns the distribution and Cameron isn’t doing any deals with Disney any time soon.

If you want to go all the way, you could even have Goofy Jar Jar Binks or the real Jar Jar Binks as a Star Wars zone character. Of course, you’d also find a need to cast more face characters in order to have the main characters. Ewok CMs would have to be as small as Dwarfs CMs, so you’d need a lot more little people.
That’s just my opinion.

Uggg…so it’s still planned for AK? …over in the Camp Minnie/Mickey and Lion King area? I think that’s what we last discussed here.

I won’t even bother to “turn left” as I come in anymore…

So if Sg is correct, Star Wars will be somehwere else. So what’s to be done with Camp M/M?

I thought that Avatarland was going into that area…and that there will no longer be a Camp MM…and Lion King is to be moved somewhere else in the park…

I’m not remotely interested in either of them…

My impression is that Avatar land is definitely happening in the Camp Minnie-Mickey area. I agree with the previous posts that any star Wars land is more likely to be in the Studios than elsewhere. I do like the previously suggested Tomorrowland suggestion though…

I am still going to go with…I would be happy if they replaced Avatarghetto idea with The Desert were you could explore acer upon acer of dry desolate desert. Stop by the Oasis gift shop on the way out. THAT would be so much better than Avatarland.

As for Star Wars…IMO (and you all know what my opinion is worth) it needs to go in DHS. DHS needs to be expanded to an all day plus park. CarsLand on one side and the Star War World on the other would do this. SWW could take over Indian Jones Show and Sounds Dangerous. The Backlot buildings inside the park could be moved into the parking lot area to make room for more attractions.

I love Star Wars but I don’t think it could support a whole park on its own.