Star Wars Weekend Questions

We are going this weekend for the first time and have a few questions.

On the schedule they have three daily autograph sessions at different times. Are these with Ray Park (Darth Maul) , Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) and
James Arnold Taylor? Can you get a fast pass for this?

They have something called a “motorcade” at 11:40. Is that the parade? If so, any insight on the best place to see it?

What’s the celebrity welcome at noon?

My daughter really wants to do the Jedi Training Academy. I see there are 8 different times. Is it better to do these early or later in the day?

What is “Behind the Force” and the " Padawan Mind Challenge"?

How much before 7 should we head over and get a seat for the Hyperspace Hoopla?

Are there special places for Star Wars encounters? Darth Vader?

Sorry for so many questions. My daughter is a huge Star Wars fan and we do not want to miss anything.

We just went last weekend!

Here are MY tips!

1. People line up at 4am to get in line to get a FP to get autographs with the stars, so unless you are an early bird . . .

2. The motorcade is the parade. It starts at 11:40am. We lined up an hour before hand on Hollywood Blvd (the main street that runs from the entrance to the hat) We stood on the left hand side of the street in a shady spot. The motorcade is only 20 minutes long. But SO WORTH the wait if you are a fan!

3. The celebrity welcome is just the part of the motorcade where the stars are “announced” and then they drive by in the cars.

4. I would recommend going to the jedi training AS SOON AS the park opens. The first bunch of kids will be offered to walk in the Motorcade. ONLY problem with this is the parents walk behind the kids so you’ll miss the parade.

5. Behind the Force" and the " Padawan Mind Challenge
    Here is what it says on the park map: Younglings use your Star Wars The Clone Wars knowledge to pass the trivia trials and become an officila Padawan learner (ages 11 & under) Registration begins at the Event Information Table at 9am. The challenge begins at 11am and 5:45pm

6. Hyperspace Hoopla - we did not stay for this (we were so hot!) but I was told for a good view you’ll want to be there 1-2 hours before hand. Here is a LINK to watch this years and the last 3 so you can decide if you want to stay or not.

7. The park is split into the dark side and the good side. Darth and all the “evils” are by the Star Wars part of of the park (right side) the left is the good side. The Disney characters dressed up like Star Wars Characters were to the left of the hat. They change every 15 minutes Mickey as Luke, Minnie as leah. After the parade you can also catch Donald as a Storm Trooper and Goofy as Darth. CHEWY is by far the BEST meet and greet (he was AWESOME!!)

Plan to get there early - the lines move quickly, but they do change out characters every 15 minutes, so it could change while you are on line.

PS. C3 P0 is NOW INTERACTIVE he can talk and he knows your name, it’s VERY cool. You can meet him and R2D2 by the canteen (entrance to star tours)

Here are a couple pics I took (blackberry photos, I haven’t downloaded my camera yet!) HAVE A BLAST!! And may the force be with you! :happy:

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;1035780]We just went last weekend!

Here are MY tips!

1. People line up at 4am to get in line to get a FP to get autographs with the stars, so unless you are an early bird . . .

2. The motorcade is the parade. It starts at 11:40am. We lined up an hour before hand on Hollywood Blvd (the main street that runs from the entrance to the hat) We stood on the left hand side of the street in a shady spot. The motorcade is only 20 minutes long. But SO WORTH the wait if you are a fan!

3. The celebrity welcome is just the part of the motorcade where the stars are “announced” and then they drive by in the cars.

4. I would recommend going to the jedi training AS SOON AS the park opens. The first bunch of kids will be offered to walk in the Motorcade. ONLY problem with this is the parents walk behind the kids so you’ll miss the parade.

Here is what it says on the park map: Younglings use your Star Wars The Clone Wars knowledge to pass the trivia trials and become an officila Padawan learner (ages 11 & under) Registration begins at the Event Information Table at 9am. The challenge begins at 11am and 5:45pm

6. Hyperspace Hoopla - we did not stay for this (we were so hot!) but I was told for a good view you’ll want to be there 1-2 hours before hand. Here is a LINK to watch this years and the last 3 so you can decide if you want to stay or not.

7. The park is split into the dark side and the good side. Darth and all the “evils” are by the Star Wars part of of the park (right side) the left is the good side. The Disney characters dressed up like Star Wars Characters were to the left of the hat. They change every 15 minutes Mickey as Luke, Minnie as leah. After the parade you can also catch Donald as a Storm Trooper and Goofy as Darth. CHEWY is by far the BEST meet and greet (he was AWESOME!!)

Plan to get there early - the lines move quickly, but they do change out characters every 15 minutes, so it could change while you are on line.

PS. C3 P0 is NOW INTERACTIVE he can talk and he knows your name, it’s VERY cool. You can meet him and R2D2 by the canteen (entrance to star tours)

Here are a couple pics I took (blackberry photos, I haven’t downloaded my camera yet!) HAVE A BLAST!! And may the force be with you! :happy:

[/QUOTE]

Jen is it possible I can get a copy of the pic you took of Commander Cody? A very good friend of mine is helping him during the Weekends and needs some more pics :wink:

Here are MY tips!

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for all the suggestions. People line up at 4AM for autographs? Don’t think that’s going to happen. Thanks for the suggestion for the Jedi Training. We will head there first after opening. Are the characters roaming around the park or are they in a specific area? Do the character give autographs or just do pictures? It seems I’m the only one that wants to see the Hyperspace Hoopla, so I may be outvoted.

Here are MY tips! [/QUOTE]

Great reply Mickeysgirlz.

I can’t wait to go this weekend!

Only thing I’d add is get there early enought for the park opening. The storm troopers guarding the gate do a little bit of a preshow before the gate opens to get into the park.

You don’t want to miss the parade. There are some pretty serious reinactors there - some could have walked right out of the movies.

OK - well is he the Storm Trooper with the yellow mask? I might have a better picture with my digital . . . but I just texted you the picture. :happy:

People were lined up on the Thursday before the first opening Friday to get tickets - the fans are DIE HARDS!!

Characters like Ewoks and those sand people (forgive me, I was a fan when I was 10) :laugh: walk around mingling with guest, but most of the others are in specific spots and you line up.

DO NOT miss the PARADE!! This will be your chance to see all the characters. AND I agree with rlcarmichael get there for opening, cuz the Storm Troopers on the roof ARE AWESOME!!

If you want the celebrity autographs don’t be scared off by the early birds! We went the 2nd weekend and got to the park at about 7:15 both days and got fast passes for autographs. We actually split our group into 2 lines because we wanted 2 different celebrities. There is a separate line for each one.
Also, my daughters each got a red Star Wars Weekend 2010 shirt and had the celebrities sign them on the front. Then we had all the other characters sign on the back. It makes a great souvenir! They also signed the autograph book so we could put the pictures in with the signiatures.
One more thing that was really fun, trading with the Jawas. You can trade any little trinkets with them and they get all excited and give you something in return. We traded silly things like sugar packets, a lei, chapstick etc.
Have a great time!

Jawas that’s what they are!!! :laugh:

We noticed their packs were full of all kinds of goodies and they were handing out stuff to the kids - didn’t realize they were trading!

Thanks for all the help.

I have another question about the three daily autograph sessions. These are with Ray Park (Darth Maul) , Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) and
James Arnold Taylor? How do the kids know who these people are? I mean my daughter knows the Clone Wars, but she does not know who Ray Park or James Arnold Taylor is. Do the kids wait in this line and expect to see the characters? My daughter has decided she wants to see Darth Maul and Chewbacca. I’m trying to figure how these people are presented and if she is going to be disappointed.

Thanks.

Each will be identified. Plus Peter will be the TALL one!

Look for me. I’ll be the baldi guy in a Hawaiian shirt. :laugh:

[QUOTE=davery5872;1036077]Thanks for all the help.

I have another question about the three daily autograph sessions. These are with Ray Park (Darth Maul) , Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) and
James Arnold Taylor? How do the kids know who these people are? I mean my daughter knows the Clone Wars, but she does not know who Ray Park or James Arnold Taylor is. Do the kids wait in this line and expect to see the characters? My daughter has decided she wants to see Darth Maul and Chewbacca. I’m trying to figure how these people are presented and if she is going to be disappointed.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

The cars have stickers on them with their name . . . so she’ll see them in the motorcade. The girl who does a voice of one of the characters in the Clone Wars “Ashley Eckstein” voice of Ahsoka is in the parade.

If she wants to meet and greet (people dressed up) as these characters, Chewy meets people across from Sci Fi and I didn’t see Darth Mual, but I assume he was on the dark side down by Muppets.

PS. I have a map if you want me to scan and email it to you. Just PM me your address.

When you meet the actors they are set up in a little booth with a cardboard cut-out of the character they played. Here is my daughter meeting Jeremy Bulloch who played Boba Fett.