Star Wars Weekend - What can you tell me about it?

Just booked for June 4-6 . . . never been, any tips? Thanks.

We stumbled across it a couple of years back, so didn’t pay much attention to all it had to offer, but I do remember that they had the “good guys” characters on one side of the park, and the “bad guys” characters on the other. It was real cute, on the bad guys side, the character dressed in black with the red face (have no clue who it was!) was chasing all the kids and they were having a blast, then Darth Vader was just across the way getting pictures with everyone. He was really good staying in character.

It lasts about a weekend?
(no, don’t thank me.)

I vow to get there for one of these weekends…I wanna see all the bad guys. blech to the good ones.:laugh:

LOL @ Dana! We are going to be in the WDW Resort for the last Star Wars Weekend and I also have never paid any attention to it, so I will be interested to see all the characters. :smiley:

We’re trying to get there this year as well. We are pretty busy the next several weeks, but we are going to try and get down there for 2 or 3 days before our passes black out.

lines…lots of long lines…oh and Darth Vader…in a big big line.

So is it extra busy at all of WDW during Star Wars weekends? Or are the long lines just for the Star Wars extra stuff?

We’re going the weekend of the 22-23…booked it before I realized it was a Star Wars weekend, but since it’s just DH and I going and he’s a lifelong fan, I’m hoping he’ll enjoy it.

[QUOTE=Tinker Mel;1032511]So is it extra busy at all of WDW during Star Wars weekends? Or are the long lines just for the Star Wars extra stuff?

We’re going the weekend of the 22-23…booked it before I realized it was a Star Wars weekend, but since it’s just DH and I going and he’s a lifelong fan, I’m hoping he’ll enjoy it.[/QUOTE]

Mainly Studios…most of the crowds are there to stand inline to meet and greet with Star Wars characters.

Lots of fun IF you like Star Wars. If not, who cares what you think. :laugh:

Automatic doors make me feel like a Jedi!

Be sure to come on over to the Dark Side…We Have Cookies!

He’s a link to MBers who are attending…

http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/wdw-theme-parks/54406-star-wars-weekend-2010-whos-going-when.html#post1026645

This has some good info: Star Wars Weekends, Star Wars at Disney Hollywood Studios - wdwinfo.com

Basically he says “The Star Wars Crazy camp out starting at 4am to get FP tickets to see the “real stars”” The best way to see EVERYTHING is to line up EARLY on Hollywood Blvd for the parade, which is at 11:15am.

We are NOT huge fans, I’ve only seen the first 3 and that was when I was a little kid. My DD10 is interested and my brother (he’s flying in from NJ) so it should be FUN!