Star Wars Weekend?

MY daughter is a huge Star Wars fan. We have plans to visit on the last weekend. My daughter tends to be impatient and I am concerned about the crowds at HS. We usually spend the morning in one park and the afternoon and evening in the MK. If we go, should we plan on spending the enire day in HS? What type of crowds can we expect? Is there anything we should not miss?

I would definitely plan on staying the whole day. Not because of the crowds, but because of the festivities. Aside from getting the autographs from the celebs, you can’t miss the motorcade, meeting and greeting all the awesome characters, the shows, AND ESPECIALLY, the Hyperspace Hoopla show at the end of the day.

It is very crowded… but get there early, and make the best of it!

I’ll see you there!

No Jedi mind tricks used in the following post…

You WILL be at the rope drop - it’s a blast. You WILL be there at 8:15.

You WILL not worry about crowds, they are friendly. Hey, they are STAR WARS fans!

You WILL catch the parade. Many of the particants costumes look like they just steped out of the movie set.

YouTube - Dance Off with the Star Wars Stars 2009 (Part 1)

You WON’T be bothered by the crowds, and the extra activities are worth it.

I will be there too, my 6 year-old son is a huge Star Wars fan and it is all he has been talking about since he found out he could come with us in late May.

star wars weekend was SOOOOOO much fun! it took us two days and there’s still things we didn’t see (the girls wanted to meet every character). i’m not a fan and had an absolutely amazing time!! my dh who is a fan was in heaven. hyperspace hoopla is do not miss (hint: being up close you see better, but it was too crowded for the girls so we moved to the back and ended up dancing with wicket, standing next to chewbacca, getting run over by the cantina band and had a close encounter with a tuscan raider!) not to mention we we standing three people away from the dude with the green head that takes luke to see jaba. my dh had a stand off with a gamorean guard, rose dualed with a storm trooper. we hung out with boba and jengo fett and saw hans solo frozen carbonite. this is just a snippet of the awesomeness!

All of these descriptions make me super excited that we are going for the first weekend this year. I can’t wait to see all the characters and experience everything. DH and DS are big Star Wars fans, I am excited to see something new, DD is just happy to be at WDW any time. We are really looking forward to it.

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1026506]

You WILL catch the parade. Many of the particants costumes look like they just steped out of the movie set.

YouTube - Dance Off with the Star Wars Stars 2009 (Part 1)

You WON’T be bothered by the crowds, and the extra activities are worth it.[/QUOTE]

love the youtube video!! We really need to go to a Star Wars Weekend… looks awsome…

Naturally… We’ll be there before SW Weekend. That video was great and I’m sure my DD would have loved it. Thank You for posting this link. We won’t be able to be there for this , but at least we have this awesome video to watch!!!

Thanks for all the response. How hard is to see the Hyperspace Hoopla?

If you want a great view, just be there for the last Jedi Training show of the day. As soon as the show ends, more right up to the front of the stage and hang out til the Hoopla starts. I think it was only a half hour or so.
At one point I felt something brush my arm in the crowd and it was an Ewok standing beside me! So cool.