Star Wars Weekends Tips?

We will going to our first SWW on the 31st and I wonder if anyone has any tips or tricks to help us out. We really don’t care about autographs but might want to get some pics with some of the characters.

darth vader is a long wait. and don’t get your heart dead set on meeting everyone else as they swap out characters frequently. like you may be in line to meet chewbacca and end up meeting ewoks (happened to us twice:( ). get to the hoopla EARLY!!! like 3-4 hours early! as you won’t be able to see if you don’t. and line up at least an hour early for the parade! the parade is AWESOME!!! the characters ALL stay in character so just because a gamorian guard or sand person walks by you, it doesn’t mean they will stop for pics. it’s really neat how close you get to the characters. i avoid the autographs for the actors and the shows like behind the force. we went once and i found it kinda boring. but that depends on how big a fan you are. the behind the force was mostly about the clone wars cartoons which i cared nothing about. it’s a lot of fun, pretty crowded, but well worth it! We’ll be attending our 4th sww the last day of it this year! can’t wait!

I just went yesterday. Will post some tips etc upon my return from vacation. Will tell you this, get in line for Hyperspace hoopla early. I waited over four hours to secure my front row location and it was worth every last second.

Did anyone try to push you out of your spot? I’m kind of hoping you had to threaten someone’s very existence. :angel:

Hey, it’s a slow Saturday night for me.

I was out their last night and it wasn’t too bad crowd wise but the key characters did have long lines. With that there are different characters running around the area that are just goofing around like storm troopers. Also make sure to stay till the end of the night cause the dance show was funny as **** and every creative. I’m not a huge Star Wars freak but enjoyed it very much.

Be there for the rope drop.

And make sure you catch the parade. Some of the reinactors (preinactors?!?) costumes could have easily been in the movies.

Ok - here’s my tips!

1. Do Friday if you can help it - less crowded.
  2. BE THERE BY 7am if you intend to get a Fast Pass for any celebrities. If not, be there by 7:30am for the 8am open.
  3. The “Darth Mall” is a waste of time - don’t bother
  4. Sign up for Jedi training immediately upon entering.
  5. two biggest character meets was Vadar at the end of the street Toy Story Mania is on and Chewy who is front of Star Tours. Get them done first. The lines look huge, but move quickly.
  6. I waited over 4 hours to have a front row seat for Hoopla and it was worth every single second I waited - great show this year.
  7. BE on the curb by 9:45am on the left side of the street if you are walking in for the Motorcade. It was packed at 10am and I could not even sit. The right side is all sun.

Andrea -
I put an entire family in their place when at the Motorcade. This woman and her two sissy little boys were driving me nuts with their whining and fighting and bumping into me. I turned and told her that she should take them back to the resort cause it was obvious they were not wanting to be there.:laugh:

[QUOTE=Dana;1133907]Ok - here’s my tips!

1. Do Friday if you can help it - less crowded.
  2. BE THERE BY 7am if you intend to get a Fast Pass for any celebrities. If not, be there by 7:30am for the 8am open.
  3. The “Darth Mall” is a waste of time - don’t bother
  4. Sign up for Jedi training immediately upon entering.
  5. two biggest character meets was Vadar at the end of the street Toy Story Mania is on and Chewy who is front of Star Tours. Get them done first. The lines look huge, but move quickly.
  6. I waited over 4 hours to have a front row seat for Hoopla and it was worth every single second I waited - great show this year.
  7. BE on the curb by 9:45am on the left side of the street if you are walking in for the Motorcade. It was packed at 10am and I could not even sit. The right side is all sun.

Andrea -
I put an entire family in their place when at the Motorcade. This woman and her two sissy little boys were driving me nuts with their whining and fighting and bumping into me. I turned and told her that she should take them back to the resort cause it was obvious they were not wanting to be there.:laugh:[/QUOTE]

…wooohoooo…I want to tour Disney with Dana…Go Dana!!! :smiley:

while everyone is running their butts to TSM, i’ll be heading the opposite direction to jedi training!!!

Thanks for all the tips. It will help out greatly! We are going on Friday next week. Its the only shot we have. We come back Saturday at 5:30 AM.

[QUOTE=Dana;1133907]
I put an entire family in their place when at the Motorcade. This woman and her two sissy little boys were driving me nuts with their whining and fighting and bumping into me. I turned and told her that she should take them back to the resort cause it was obvious they were not wanting to be there.:laugh:[/QUOTE]

I love it. I can’t remember how many times I’ve bit my lip and not blasted off like you did.

I am so done with holding my tongue. I don’t understand some parents with their bribing their kids to behave etc. What happened to being able to give you child a look that said it all? Don’t get me wrong, my daughter had some challenging moments like all kids, but she knew when enough was enough when I smiled and talked through my teeth. I never hit my daughter, so don’t get the wrong idea. I taught her respect for others and accepted nothing less from her. That kinda crap would have had her back in a resort room with nothing to do and quickly.

Ditto with the smile. I also had the ‘Bug Eye’ as the kids called it. At that point they knew mom and dad were done with the games.

That type of parenting requires dedication and time. Unfortunately we are getting more and more parents who don’t want to give their kids either.

Very valid point Scott and Rich. Creating little people who have respect for themselves and others does take dedication, time and effort. It’s clear when that effort is not made.

[QUOTE=Andrea;1133796]Did anyone try to push you out of your spot? I’m kind of hoping you had to threaten someone’s very existence. :angel:

[/QUOTE]

Don’t make her angry. You wouldn’t like her very much if she were angry.:laugh:

Anger leads to hate…lol