Starting 2-Nite

The DW and I are sitting down and looking at our options for next May. With pricing available on-line now … the skies the limit !

Looks like it’s going to be a fun one… :pirate:

Yay for early stages of planning! Can’t wait to hear what you have planned!

I love May! Last May we stayed at POR and disliked it. Where are you both looking to stay?

We loved going in May! Keep us posted!

Keep us posted!! Yay for you!

BTW, didn’t try the Gray Goose slush last trip, hoping to get one next week.

got dibs on the grand marier slushie:laugh::laugh:

May’s a great time of year. Not only is it Mom’s Day, but it’s also my b’day and DD 11’s too.:wink: Have fun planning.

Talk about your kick in the pants to start off your day … We awoke to the find our pet black lab died sometime during the night. She had been sick for about a week and not taken food… we thought she would pull it out but to no avail … Josie Marie Collins RIP … she was 8 years old.

I’ll post a pic of her later today. :sad:

Sweet Josie Hound … That’s what our DD called her :crying:
We love you Josie Hound …

[QUOTE=WALL;984915]Talk about your kick in the pants to start off your day … We awoke to the find our pet black lab died sometime during the night. She had been sick for about a week and not taken food… we thought she would pull it out but to no avail … Josie Marie Collins RIP … she was 8 years old.

I’ll post a pic of her later today. :sad:[/QUOTE]

Aw, I’m so sorry for the loss of your dog. They really grab your heartstrings. 8 is pretty young, our last one (part black lab, part rottie) was 10 and it broke my heart. We now have a crazy chocolate (Molly, she’s 15 months). I’m sure your heart is aching, but she’s in a better place!:sad:

By the way, great pix - she was beautiful!

So sorry to hear about your Josie Hound…that’s so sad…it’s so hard to lose a beloved pet. Pixie Dust to you all!

:crying: I am so sorry, she looks alot like our black lab Sabre, he will be 9 in a week. He also is not doing well. They are such a part of your family and you grow to love them so much.

Thank You all for the kind words , We know she’s in a better place now… still it’s gonna sting for awhile. We Will have to dedicate our next trip to her…

We told Katy (DD) she’s on Mickey’s Farm playing with Pluto now …:crying:

We thought long and hard about DVC … but we still enjoy doing ASM’s. Can 't beat the price. and this year were planning on driving:eek: So… that might save some cash (Might)!!!

We are trying to split time between ASM’s and Grand Floridian. One side of the spectrum to the other.

[QUOTE=WALL;984999]Thank You all for the kind words , We know she’s in a better place now… still it’s gonna sting for awhile. We Will have to dedicate our next trip to her…

We told Katy (DD) she’s on Mickey’s Farm playing with Pluto now …:crying:[/QUOTE]

That was very sweet! It’s hard on the kids, too! I really feel for all of you!

[QUOTE=WALL;985000]We thought long and hard about DVC … but we still enjoy doing ASM’s. Can 't beat the price. and this year were planning on driving:eek: So… that might save some cash (Might)!!!

We are trying to split time between ASM’s and Grand Floridian. One side of the spectrum to the other.[/QUOTE]

I actually LOVE the drive. We drove a few times. I would do it again in a heart beat.

So sorry to hear about your Lab. That is so sad. I have an 11 year old Black Lab that was sick a few months back. I hate to hear sad doggie stories.

YEah… CAnt beat the all stars prices. Gotta love it. My DH promised to buy my DVC back when he opens his own machine shop in a few years :happy:

We drove this past April for the first time to Siesta Key…my thoughts exactly:eek::eek:…hours upon hours in the car with my kids:blink::blink:…what were we thinking??? I have to tell you that we, and I mean ALL of us, had such a good time on the drive down that we’re doing it again April 2010. Make sure you just plan lots of stuff to keep your little princess occupied…one of the kids favorite activities was the license plate game. There are all kinds of websites to help with fun car activities. A DVD player is great to have too, although my kids only watched maybe three movies total the whole ride down and back.

So sorry about Sweet Josie Hound. I know how you feel. This poem helped me when I lost my 17 1/2 year old red poodle. Maybe it will help your family too. BTW, I live in Lyndon - where are you?

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together…

Author unknown...

So sorry to hear about your pet Lab. My boy would be heartbroken if hunter his choc. lab passed. As both the girls, I like how you said your Josie Hound was with Mickey that can make it a little easier on kids.
Sound like a winner part value and part GF. I would love to figure a way to justify and be able to do a GF stay.

So sorry about Josie. I believe there is a special place in heaven just for Labs!