Starting to panic

So I go on Disney.com to check out the water parks, and notice the hours for when we are going, YIKES:crying: they close at 6pm!!!

We never did the WP’s before so I don’t know if I need the whole day in them or not, I was assuming I would being its august and it may be crowded and waiting on lines would eat our time up.

So then I start to check the other parks to see if they have EMH’s and NOT one park has them for the week we are going!!!

I am so getting upset now:frown:…I feel more pressure now to plan that week accordingly… when i thought i was going to be able to wing it and not worry about parks closing so early.

My kids are excited about trying the water parks for the very first time so I can’t take that option away now.
I am starting to 2nd guess my planning!!!

I don’t know what to do, I might just have to plan on 1 park per day and not go to the WP’s and cram in MK or Epcot or DHS in the same day

what are your dates?

My advice on the water parks is be there at opening. We’ve always done Typhoon Lagoon and if you are there at opening the crowds aren’t so bad. We hit the slides heavy the first hour and then chill in the wave pool until lunch. We usually head back to the room around 1-2 so we can nap and clean up before dinner. We’ve been in June when it is busy and TL didn’t fill up until about 2 hours after opening.

Yes that would be my advice too, get there for opening, grab a few chairs or sun loungers and hit the busy slides. We always get to the WP for opening and tend to leave around 3 and believe me we have seen and done everything by then including lunch and sun bathing, so by 6 p.m. you really would be ready for back to your resort.

Dido Dixie. We also usually leave around 3 with everything done including lunch then we clean up dinner, and a couple of hours at the parks if we can make it.

I agree with all the replies so far. If you get to the water parks early, you’ll be okay. I’ve noticed that the crowds pick up around lunch time. We like to be wrapping up our water park time about that time, leave and have lunch in DTD and go back to the room to get cleaned up and hit a park for the evening.

8/29 to 9/3:blush:

whewwwwwwwwww, ok, I am starting to feel a little less panicky now, thank you!!!

I’ve never understood how people could spend from opening to closing in the water parks! We usually get everything done, ate and bathed in 4 hours or less! And we still feel like we’ve chilled out! You’ll have no problems being there for opening!

whewwwww, thank you.
I am hearing this to be true now, so glad I asked!!!

We are also leaving for home on the 3 of Sept. I’m banking on Fri Sept 2 being EMH night at MK. So far that seems to be the theme. I was upset to when I saw the lack of EMH’s but I promised not to insanely plan this trip so… but I am sure it will all workout

ok so i did see that correctly, why do you think there is a lack of EMH’s that week?
I see at least 3 or 4 for the week before…:huh:

We have been during your dates in the past. Regular opening hours are extended in most parks on a rotating basis. MK has even been open to midnight on non-EMH days. Don’t worry.
As others have said, we only do the WP’s from opening to mid afternoon, go back to the resort, and hit a park of choice around dinner time. We can do lots of rides as most guests are tired from their day and that many are taking a meal break.

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1068141]We have been during your dates in the past. Regular opening hours are extended in most parks on a rotating basis. MK has even been open to midnight on non-EMH days. Don’t worry.
As others have said, we only do the WP’s from opening to mid afternoon, go back to the resort, and hit a park of choice around dinner time. We can do lots of rides as most guests are tired from their day and that many are taking a meal break.[/QUOTE]

i’m def. going to try and not worry! thank you!!!
You mentioned that MK has been open to midnight on non emh days, wouldn’t they have that on the calendar now? or is this something that would change in the next couple of months before we get there?

[QUOTE=pixeemom;1068142]i’m def. going to try and not worry! thank you!!!
You mentioned that MK has been open to midnight on non emh days, wouldn’t they have that on the calendar now? or is this something that would change in the next couple of months before we get there?[/QUOTE]

WDW is pretty good about getting the hours out around 75-90 days out. You have some time.

Because my kids seem to think they’re part fish. Once they get in the water I can’t get them out.

Thank you!!!

Pixiemom I am going to give you one piece of advice I wish someone else had given me; wear water shoes around the entire park. The concrete gets SO hot that I burned the bottom of my feet when I was there.

I’m just going to say what everyone else is saying, but sometimes multiple people saying the same thing is reassuring (at least for me), so here goes. We have never stayed at a waterpark past 4:30. We even arrived later the last time and it was enough time to do everything we wanted. The WPs are very tiring because of the walking and the wave pools. We had a ton of fun, got a bite to eat on the way out, looked at the shops and were back at the resort to shower and rest before heading to Illuminations or some other night show.

:flowers: Thank you!!!