Staying at Caribbean Beach Resort....anything I should know

I have added on a night at CBR on 11/30 before we move into BWV on 12/1 for a few days. I know the resort is huge. Outside of that, is there anything else we should know? For example, should I put in a request for Aruba as from the map it looks like it is the 1st or 2nd bus stop?

Hey King,

As you said the place is big. That never bothered me much as I enjoyed the wide open spaces and when you are already walking 10 miles a day, what is another mile around the resort. :slight_smile:

Have fun!

Stan, do you remember where you stayed? Since we are taking my elderly folks, they are going to be doing enough walking the first day as it is so I am hoping that we can get where ever is the first bus stop area which I think is Aruba when I looked at a map.

…just curious why you didn’t choose the smaller mod resort—POFQ—if you are concerned about your parents. :slight_smile: None of the rooms are very far from the front and the one bus stop there…

I only stayed there once and it was a while ago. I understand you wanting the first stop, so your parents get a seat, so hope someone will be able to answer that question. I just wanted to mention that there is an internal bus, so if you are far from the food, you can hop on that bus and it will take you to that area.

I’m not sure which area the bus stops at first, but if you want to be close to the main pool and the food court, I’d request Martinique, building #26.

I do not remember exactly what building we stayed in but I kinda remember that they did not have elevators. If I am right, you may want to make sure that you get a 1st floor room.

Request a first floor room and near the bus stop. If they can do it- you’ll love it!

It is a place we had not stayed at before so we wanted to knock it off the bucket list. It was also the cheapest room we could get with our budget.

I have to update the online check in stuff now that I think of it thanks to the responses here to ask for a 1st floor room. It is just one night so it will not break the trip but it till make it a wee bit easier.

We always ask for Aruba or Jamaica when staying at CBR. It’s a quick walk over the bridge to Old Port Royale and the first stops on the bus loop. The last time was stayed there (November 2013) they had changed the bus routes a little. Aruba/Jamaica was first for 2 parks and like 3rd or 4th for the other 2 parks but I can’t remember which parks.

We haven’t stayed there for yrs and yrs. Before there was a fridge in the rooms, the only option for food was the food court. Every morning I walked ohhhh 3 or 4 miles from our room, get coffee and bagels and walk 3 or 4 miles back…uphill both ways !!! On our last day, my DH walked with me and he couldn’t believe I walked that far every morning. Yes, I could have caught a bus, but it seemed quicker to walk than to stand there with hot coffee waiting for a bus. Later I saw a map and saw that we were about as far from the food court as one could get.

One of the reasons I love DVC, having at least a mini kitchen makes it so much easier.

And no elevators, so people with strollers have to drag them up and down full flights of steps. Who thought of that design?

Thanks folks, I got the online check in stuff modified to request a first floor room near transportation at CBR :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1919093894]We haven’t stayed there for yrs and yrs. Before there was a fridge in the rooms, the only option for food was the food court. Every morning I walked ohhhh 3 or 4 miles from our room, get coffee and bagels and walk 3 or 4 miles back…uphill both ways !!!

Who thought of that design?[/QUOTE]

Jo-Jo you crack me up!!! Up hill both ways :slight_smile:

At least it wasn’t uphill both ways in the snow. :whistling That’s usually how the line goes.