Staying at Fort Wilderness

Ok so let’s say that DH and I are going to try and do the “roughing it” thing at Ft. Wilderness. Can anyone staying there get the dining plan?

There is no way that I will fix food on a vacation, ya know!?

[QUOTE=Dopey;1058862]Ok so let’s say that DH and I are going to try and do the “roughing it” thing at Ft. Wilderness. Can anyone staying there get the dining plan?

There is no way that I will fix food on a vacation, ya know!?[/QUOTE]

Don’t know. Pick up the phone and check it out. If you can book before DH can stop ya’.:laugh:

heehee, you KNOW what my problem is!! :pinch:

OK, the Mickey Mom’s panel says that they checked the Disney site and there it states that the dining plan can be purchased for guests that stay in the cabins only. Welllllll, I am not going to believe it and will check further.

I have to say though, for the low price of a campsite, who cares, right?

Yes definetely can use the dining plan if you stay in the cabins, don’t know about campsites. I don’t cook either. We stayed in the cabins, and only kept milk and drinks in there. At dinner on the dining plan we brought our desserts home and ate them for breakfast most days. Or pick up muffins or bagels with your snack credits

My parents have used the dining plan while staying in a campsite. The rules are the same as a regular room. You have to book a package or have an annual pass to get it. I think there is some confusion because free dining is only offered in the cabins, not the campsites.

Dopey,

Did you see my reply to your note in the other camping thread (four days and counting) about RV rentals in the Orlando area?

Can you tell him all of the campsites are booked? Would he buy that???

Ok, well, I mostly don’t care about the free part of dining. I was really wondering if the plan could be bought if staying at the camp sites

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1058923]Dopey,

Did you see my reply to your note in the other camping thread (four days and counting) about RV rentals in the Orlando area?[/QUOTE]

nope, I am going over there to read it now :smile: thanks

:laugh::laugh: “he” doesn’t know I am researching. We don’t even have a camper or any such outdoorsy thing to our name. I was thinking of making it palatable for him to go, yet again, and this would be the lure :wink:

I actually think this could be great fun. I have never slept in anything but a house or a hotel room :laugh: It’s time I tried something outrageous:pirate: = bucket list

Dining plan CAN be purchased if staying in a cabin or on a campsite. Free dining is only available if you are in a cabin.

Fort Wilderness is one of my favorite places in the world (the big world, not just WDW!)

[QUOTE=Dopey;1058862]Ok so let’s say that DH and I are going to try and do the “roughing it” thing at Ft. Wilderness. Can anyone staying there get the dining plan?

There is no way that I will fix food on a vacation, ya know!?[/QUOTE]
You are going to stay on the campgrounds? Not in the cabins? I wish I was as adventurous. I am sure it will be fantastic!

[QUOTE=johnkimv;1058953]Dining plan CAN be purchased if staying in a cabin or on a campsite. Free dining is only available if you are in a cabin.

Fort Wilderness is one of my favorite places in the world (the big world, not just WDW!)[/QUOTE]

Great news. I wasn’t looking for free. I don’t know where that came from. I really just wanted to know if it can be purchased. You know, the DVC people can’t, they have the Tables in Wonderland, etc.

OMGawd no. At least not this trip in January. I was just --supposing-- and researching :laugh::laugh::laugh: