Staying at port orleans

can anybody tell me what building to stay at in p.o. i have heard a few palces…thanks

I’m not as picky as some, but I do request Magnolia Bend. I’ve never had to walk more than 10 min. or so to the main building.

We’re staying in PO/Riverside this September. This will be our first time there.
I’d love to hear any comments, likes and dislikes about the property.

We usually get put in the Magnolia Bend section and it’s always very convenient, especially Buildings 95 (Parterre Place) or 90 (Oak Manor). 95 has a longer walk to the main building, but it’s not too far, maybe 10 minutes and the walk is gorgeous. Bus stop right out back. 90 has a bridge that takes you right to the main building. I believe the bus stop for this building is the same one used by building 95, so it’s just a little bit of a walk (5-10 minutes) to that, depending on where your room is.

Hope this helps!

[QUOTE=PrincessJill;1031408]We usually get put in the Magnolia Bend section and it’s always very convenient, especially Buildings 95 (Parterre Place) or 90 (Oak Manor). 95 has a longer walk to the main building, but it’s not too far, maybe 10 minutes and the walk is gorgeous. Bus stop right out back. 90 has a bridge that takes you right to the main building. I believe the bus stop for this building is the same one used by building 95, so it’s just a little bit of a walk (5-10 minutes) to that, depending on where your room is.

Hope this helps![/QUOTE]

YES- Oak Manor is where we stayed last time, I can never remember the exact place. Your right the walks are gorgeous. The grounds at POR are amazing. I guess that’s why I never mind the walk.

I don’t mind either - we woke up early one trip (for EMH, I assume :laugh:) and decided to walk to the main bus stop just to see the sights… it was absolutely beautiful with the sunlight on the river! I love this resort. :heart:

has anyone stayed at building 14 is it close to the main building

Here is a map:
Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside map - wdwinfo.com

Building 14 looks to me to be about as close to the main building as Building 90. The only difference would be 14 is in the Alligator Bayou section and 90 is in Magnolia Bend. The closest bus stop to 14 is in the main building.

Also, looking at the map, I just realized I was wrong with my earlier post about the bus stops: the East Depot is behind Building 85 (Magnolia Terrace), NOT Building 95. Sorry!

I LOVE riverside! no where on that property is a bad place to stay. Even with walking I never walked more than 10 minutes to ANYWHERE. I liked staying further away from where the food. It was more peaceful!

We stayed here on our first ever WDW vacation and stayed in Parterre Place (Magnolia Bend). We couldn’t have had a better location! The bridge was only a sones throw away from the building and so it was so quick and easy to get to the main building and bus stops, great for refilling the mugs first thing of a morning and last thing at night. The building over (not sure of its name) had a great little quite pool that was hardly used and located right infront of the laundry. Great because Mum isn’t a swimmer so she could put the washing on (yes, she insists on washing even when on holiday!) and we could lounge about in the pool! Our room didn’t have the best view (overlooking a car park as it was at the back of the building) but that didn’t bother us in the slightest.

We requested building 14 last year. When we arrived the had us in Magnolia Bend. I asked for building 14 and was told the prefered to put families of 5 in those buildings because of the trundle beds. I asked if they had anything in Alligator Bayou because we like that area better and they found one in building 17. It was very nice, short walk to food court and easy to get to the bus depot through the back parking area. They had upgraded us to a water view in Magnolia and since the room was a standard view in Alligator they credited the difference to our account. It was a nice surprise and came in handy during our stay. I guess what I can say is, try for building 14, but 15, through 18 are going to be fine. I have heard the Oak Manor is not bad for Magnolia eather. Hope this helps! Have Fun:blush:

Parterre Place was our favorite spot…not too far from a little bridge that connected us to the main lobby/food court area…far enough away though that we could have some down time from the main hub…we were near a quiet pool as well.

Remember, though…a not-my-first-choice location in WDW beats a great location at home!!

There really isn’t a bad building to be honest with you. I have stayed in buildings one and two. One was a bit farish, but still only minutes from the main areas. Building two is ideal. It’s close to everything! I am requesting building three or four for August trip. I am trying a new building and am looking for something directly close to the food court and bus stop. Two is my back up.

We’re also considering POR for September ~ do you just request which building you want when you make your reservations? I take it they never guarantee that you’ll actually get it, right? :confused:

i cant remember where we were the last tow times we stayed here but I love this resort. our bed was great, mousekeeping was wonderful and although it seemed a trek to the main building it was a nice walk except when it was pouring.