Staying @ The Dolpin for the 1st time!

Ok so we just booked a trip for Feb 20-23 and we are staying
at the Dolphin. Do you think we will like it? It looks stunning
from the outside. We got a room rate of only 149.00 per night.

We stayed at the Swan a few years ago and had a grand time. It’s walking distance from both Epcot and Hollywood Studios. The Heavenly beds are plush and comfy. The robes are very soft.

Though it does not have the Disney theming of the other resorts, it’s on property and a great deal! There are Disney gift shops in the resort and you get most of the Disney Resort guest perks like Extra Magic Hours and Disney Transportation.

I think you’ll have a wonderful time!

Oh my…I am so excited especially for the comfy beds!

Wait until you see that pool! Wheeee!

We stayed at the Dolphin a couple of years ago and really like it. Although people say it does not have that “Disney” feel, it is so close to all things Disney that it more than makes up for it. You should not be dissappointed. The only thing I did not like is that you pay $9.00 a day to leave your car parked in there parking lot.

The Dolphin has a special place in my heart because the first time I stayed there (second visit to WDW) was while I was touring with John Denver and the last date was a private performance for a pharmacist’s convention at the Dolphin.
I don’t like getting stuck for self parking either, but the Universal hotels also stick you for self parking. At those kinds of prices, I think the least they could do is give registered guests free self parking.

Yes I did see that. What kind of star rating is this hotel? On a scale of 1-10?

I think their beds look wonderful. And doesn’t that hotel have Todd English’s blue zoo? or is that the Swan?

I think you won’t be disappointed. I would be excited :biggrin:

Same amount of stars as any of the Disney O&O deluxe resorts. Between 4 and 5 stars.
Scale of 1-10? Around 8, just like the Disneys. All of 5 the Epcot deluxe resorts are on par with each other.

Yes, bluezoo is in the Dolphin. So is Shula’s. The Swan has Il Mulino and Kimonos Sushi Bar.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;932295]Same amount of stars as any of the Disney O&O deluxe resorts. Between 4 and 5 stars.
Scale of 1-10? Around 8, just like the Disneys. All of 5 the Epcot deluxe resorts are on par with each other.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Doug. Now I am really excited to stay there. It looks spectacular.
We will only be there for 4 days but it will still be so nice.

We stayed at the swan a few years ago and thought it was great. The beds were amazing and they have a really nice pool. I would definately like to stay there again.

I, unlike Ddoll, favor the Dolphin. She prefers the Swan.
This is just personal preference, there is no real difference in service and amenities between the two. If one does lack something that the other has, you can use the other. And they share their pools.
I think I like the larger more open lobby and check in area. It kind of reminds me of a circus tent in a strange way.
You’ll see what I mean when you get there.

The Dolphin is in a great location. You can walk to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. Also there’s the boardwalk with stores, games, restaurants, and a bakery. That is one of the best areas to stay in while at WDW.