Steam Boat Willie

I watched this last night. Imagine it coming out now and all the hub-bub it would generate.

I am writing about Willie (Mickey) swinging the cat around by the tail. We all know I think that is funny stuff; but there are others who do not like it one bit.

I bet the discussion would sound like a mug debate … Or Who Stole the Kishka? (not to be confused with the Great Baby-Buggy Theft debate).

There is nothing wrong with a mouse swinging a cat around by it’s tail. Stop trying to make trouble.

The mouse probably started it.

I am a kitteh lover and I am highly disturbed by the image of the cat being swung by it’s tail. Pfft! :glare: Now an anvil on a coyote’s head…now that’s comedy!!! :biggrin:

It wasn’t just the swinging that was funny; it was the sounds, which Willie was incorporating into the music Minnie was playing.

I thought the exact same thing when I saw this last year. I told my kids that this would never be allowed today without huge debate.

What about the bad guys in Pinocchio trying to get him to drink…

Oh, I always wanted Wiley to eat that Roadrunner. He was smug and annoying. Still hate him.

DD(5) was talking the other day about Jake and the Neverland Pirates. She feels bad for Captain Hook because Jake and the pirates will not share their treasures with Captain Hook. She explained that Hook only wants one piece of the treasure and Jake is greedy and won’t share. Guess the kiddos do listen. Now if I could only get them to apply these lessons to each other:confused:

And who knows what the caterpillar is smoking in Alice in Wonderland?

Yes, I don’t care for the cereal ads which have the kids preventing the mascots from eating the food either.

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;1089930]I watched this last night. Imagine it coming out now and all the hub-bub it would generate.

I am writing about Willie (Mickey) swinging the cat around by the tail. We all know I think that is funny stuff; but there are others who do not like it one bit.

I bet the discussion would sound like a mug debate … Or Who Stole the Kishka? (not to be confused with the Great Baby-Buggy Theft debate).[/QUOTE]

We watch this each time we visit Disneyland, in the Main St. Theater. We laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh…:laugh::laugh::cool:

Full of all sorts of violence and animal abuse:

Walt Disney Animations Steamboat Willie - YouTube

Oh the horror!