Sticky question

Not quite sure where to post this question as it is a pretty ‘sticky’ questionTaking a grandson with us to WDW in the fall. He will be turning 10 yrs old the month before we go. Has anyone every “fudged” a birthday saying he will be 9 when he is really 10? I am asking this because of the age cutoff of 9 for both the meal plan and park tickets.
Thanks for any input.

If it were me, I would not lie about the child’s age. He is 10. Why is that so difficult to manage? Recycle a few more pop cans to get the money together that it would cost to take a 10 year old. Simple.

I am going to move this thread to the proper forum. And I will watch it, because it could get ugly.

I agree with Dopey, roll some change, do what ever you have to do.
Just don’t “fudge” it!

I agree- honesty is the best policy- even in DW! With 3 kids of varying ages (12, 6 & 4) we’ve also come across this problem, but more with the youngest. I say be honest & enjoy the trip without worry- it may cost a little more upfront but you’re teaching your grandson a great lesson!

Also, think about the dining plan… If you are doing it, then he will get a lot more food. More variety, and larger portions… Not sure if it matters, but it might help to consider it for the trip.

It’s 9, not 9ish.

I wouldn’t cheat.

“Fudge” is such a cute word compared to “flat-out lie”, isn’t it? Even if you can get people to say it’s okay, it’s not.

Thanks fpr input.
You were all absolutely right. Can’t believe I ever had the thought in the first place. Disney vacations are certainly not inexpensive but if you can’t do things up correctly we should wait another till we can.
Thanks again for your thoughts.

[QUOTE=jessica m;1016000]Thanks fpr input.
You were all absolutely right. Can’t believe I ever had the thought in the first place. Disney vacations are certainly not inexpensive but if you can’t do things up correctly we should wait another till we can.
Thanks again for your thoughts.[/QUOTE]

We’ve all had a moment of weakness…:pinch:
A few of us have talked about how WDW should have several children dinning plans, for more options and ages.
Good luck!

I think honesty is the best policy too, even though I think 9 is ridiculously young to set the boundary for child to adult prices.

[QUOTE=jessica m;1016000]Thanks fpr input.
Thanks again for your thoughts.[/QUOTE]

Oh I am so glad that you have decided to do it the right way.
Now go and roll some coins and have a great trip :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=tinker2222;1016012]We’ve all had a moment of weakness…:pinch:
A few of us have talked about how WDW should have several children dinning plans, for more options and ages.
Good luck![/QUOTE]

Now that is a great idea. :closedeye We thought about making a reservation at Biergarten this past weekend, but decided against it because it would’ve been so un-worth it to pay $33 + tax and tip for DD10 to eat half a plate of food off the buffet. A youth dining plan for kids ages 10-14 or something like that would make a lot of sense, and would’ve made the difference for us in this case. We weren’t going to lie about her age, but the adult price would’ve just been ridiculous to pay.

I completly agree with a youth age dinning price. I have a 10 yr. old and I cant see paying 30.00 or more for food. 20.00 maybe but thats about it.

Don’t you feel like they won’t ever change this BECAUSE of all the money they make off of these tweens.
Our DD will be 10 next year and I have to say I think the dining plan will be out the window.
I looked back at our last few trips and the coasts just keeps going up!:pinch:

Wow I give you credit for asking. As soon as I read your question I knew what MB’ers would tell you, and they did. “Don’t lie” MBer’s are very honest and trusting Mickey fans. They live Disney and for them and me Disney is more than a vacation spot we went to once. It is an everyday occurance.

[QUOTE=tinker2222;1016041]Don’t you feel like they won’t ever change this BECAUSE of all the money they make off of these tweens.
Our DD will be 10 next year and I have to say I think the dining plan will be out the window.
I looked back at our last few trips and the coasts just keeps going up!:pinch:[/QUOTE]

Exactly!! Now that my son has turned 10,things will be different.

What would you do if your child turns 10 DURING your trip?

Disney NEVER cheated me so why would I cheat them!

I think the fine print says they’d like to know the age of the child at the time the vacation takes place. Now, I would think that if that child is 9 on day one and turns 10 on day 2,3, 4 or whatever, the age on arrival day should be what counts :closedeye

I know the age thing hurts! DS turns 9 this year… and I’m so afraid we’re not going to be able to make a trip until he’s 10… and I’m not looking forward to the price increase.