Still haven't decided what to do

Our vacation is getting really close & I guess I need some persuading to help me decide… Should we use ME this time or Quicksilver. I am more concerned about the cost of things this trip as I did not have the usual time to save up. So, we can put out extra money & get the car service & grocery stop; or we can save that money but not have the grocery stop. We do have the meal plan, so we really usually buy snacks & maybe a bottle or 2 of wine & some cold cuts for breakfast. It will be cheaper to get this stuff at Publix but noty sure if it’s worth it. I have looked at Garden Grocer & they seem a little expensive, but I’m comparing prices to here at home, so maybe it’s not that different from Publix. Thoughts anyone?

Believe me, if you have the meal plan, you will not need anything from any store unless you plan to eat like Michael Phelps

If money is an issue, take ME. It has gotten really favorable reviews lately.

We always have used the meal plan but still buy some extra things. I know that stuff will be available at the resort, just costs more. I guess there are pros & cons to both options.

Use ME. If you were going to purchase @ $50 worth od groceries, use Garden Grocer. I find their prices are in the same range as most of my local supermarkets,and I’ve had good experiences with them. If you’re buying less than that,then shopping onsite shouldn’t be too bad.

ME was fantastic when we used it last year.

How about renting a car for one day and going to the store yourself?

If we use ME, is it easy? I mean, I don’t think it could be any easier than getting a town car. Will they be right there waiting for us & will we know where to go etc? We have always really loved the personal feeling of a town car, but am thinking since this is a surprise for DS, then maybe we should make a few new changes to make it feel that much different. Maybe this will start the Disney magic feeling that much sooner.

With DME, to me, the special feeling is skipping baggage claim. It’s pretty cool to skip baggage claim.

I used DME the 4th day it was in existence, I used it again about 2 years ago, and I’m using it again in a few months. I love it. Easy. Convenient. Efficient. Free.

My next trip is full of things to make my wife feel special, as it’s for her 40th birthday. I asked my kids if they’d enjoy a car service ride instead of DME this time. They said they loved DME (the plush seats, the Disney welcome video, etc.) and didn’t want to ride in a car to Disney World.

[QUOTE=CleveRocks;873240]With DME, to me, the special feeling is skipping baggage claim. It’s pretty cool to skip baggage claim.

I used DME the 4th day it was in existence, I used it again about 2 years ago, and I’m using it again in a few months. I love it. Easy. Convenient. Efficient. Free.

My next trip is full of things to make my wife feel special, as it’s for her 40th birthday. I asked my kids if they’d enjoy a car service ride instead of DME this time. They said they loved DME (the plush seats, the Disney welcome video, etc.) and didn’t want to ride in a car to Disney World.[/QUOTE]

What a great hubby!

If you are trying to cost cut this trip, DEFINITELY go with ME. While I’ve never taken it, I have heard nothing but great things about it and I wouldn’t hesitate to take it if we were flying instead of driving. :glare::laugh:

Go with Garden Grocer if you’re gonna order a bunch of stuff…if only a few things, I’m sure the resort will have plenty of supplies.

GOOD LUCK DECIDING!!!

Could you use ME, pack a few snacks, and just buy the few things at disney? If you weren’t doing the meal plan, I’d lean toward the car and shopping trip. But I don’t think you’ll need much more food wise.

We always use ME and we’ve never been sorry. If we want any snacks I throw them in our suitcase and that’s extra room for when we’re coming home. The two times we’ve used the dining plan we really didn’t need any snacks (but our son did!) but I throw a few things in for breakfast so we can get out the door quickly.

I’m a big believer in the grocery delivery.

Even if I used a car service, I’d STILL opt for the grocery delivery over the 30 minute grocery stop. First off, I don’t want to delay my arrival at my resort. Second, I’d much rather have my groceries delivered to my room rather than navigating a strange store (I don’t know where anything is) and then wait in line. I’ve done this on other vacations (with a rental car) and always wished I knew of grocery delivery options in those cities, as well.

Renting a car ONLY to get groceries seems like a terrible idea to me. In addition to the time wasted renting a car, any savings you’d hope to realize by shopping at a civilian supermarket rather than a Disney resort store would be eaten up by the cost of the rental car. Same with using a car service ONLY for the grocery stop … the $120 or so + tip will be MUCH more expensive than the mark-up at a Disney resort store. WHen I pay a $12 or $20 grocery delivery fee, THAT is cheaper than the mark-up I’d be paying Disney.

I mean, we all should do what we’re most comfortable with. But here I’m not talking about what I’m most comfy with, I’m talking strictly dollars and cents (in the above paragraph). Many of us are willing to pay more to have more things we want. And I’m all for that. I just don’t want people to think that a rental car would be CHEAPER than a grocery delivery. If someone prefers to get a car and choose their own stuff, then great! It’s worth the extra money to that person … but if the only consideration is expense, then you really can’t beat the grocery delivery in most cases.

I would go with ME. When you get your documents in the mail it will include specific instructions to find them at the airport. You’ll also find ME attendants throughout the airport should you need some guidance. I always use them and it’s always myself and my two children and we love them!!

We’ve been using ME the past few trips…so easy, convenient and fast! We also pack food in our luggage (water, cereal bars, crackers). If you plan to buy a lot, I second the grocery delivery.

ME is incredibly easy. Ordering food from Gardengrocer.com is also very easy and convienent not to mention it saves you time schlepping to the store. That is what I would do.

Well I will throw in my $0.02…

We are travelling to WDW Sept 17th to the 22nd. We use a car service at home here to the airport and back home again because lugging bags a 5-year old and ourselves from long term parking to the terminal of Phila Intl. is not my idea of a good start but that is just a luxury that I, as the big dog allow myself.

On arrival we have booked Quicksilver but only for arrival so it is only $65 and then we will use ME for the trip home. We are on the dining plan so I do not intend to make any stops but we are doing this to limit the amount of travel time to the parks. The last time we used ME we waited a while for the busses to board and then more time for everyone to get on-board and we made two other resort stops before arrival at WL. I would rather pay $65 extra and have less delay before arrival to the resort plus our bags will be with us and not two to three hours behind us.

No matter what happens you will have a great trip…enjoy!!!:happy:

I have used ME a few times and have had zero problems with it. I would use that. If you need some grocery items Garden Grocer is great. They might be a little more expensive but i didnt think it was that much higher than what i pay here at home.

[QUOTE=copcarguyp71;874144]Well I will throw in my $0.02…

We are travelling to WDW Sept 17th to the 22nd. We use a car service at home here to the airport and back home again because lugging bags a 5-year old and ourselves from long term parking to the terminal of Phila Intl. is not my idea of a good start but that is just a luxury that I, as the big dog allow myself.

On arrival we have booked Quicksilver but only for arrival so it is only $65 and then we will use ME for the trip home. We are on the dining plan so I do not intend to make any stops but we are doing this to limit the amount of travel time to the parks. The last time we used ME we waited a while for the busses to board and then more time for everyone to get on-board and we made two other resort stops before arrival at WL. I would rather pay $65 extra and have less delay before arrival to the resort plus our bags will be with us and not two to three hours behind us.

No matter what happens you will have a great trip…enjoy!!!:happy:[/QUOTE]

This is what my DBF wants to do, & basically I said “if you want to spend the money, hand over your card & I’ll even do the booking!”:laugh::laugh:

It might be the easiest thing to do, and it will be a comfy ride.

That’s exactly what I was going to suggest.