Stormalong Bay hours

It seems to me that the last time I stayed at BC, the main pool was closed around 6 or 7 oclock in the evening. If we wanted to swim later than that, we had to go to the quiet pool. Now to be fair, I think this was in 2003, so things could be different now.
So, does anyone know what time Stormalong Bay closes these days? We will be traveling in June. Thank you!

The pool really never closes at the resorts. I have never been told to get out of the pool after hours before at any resort. They don’t have a lifeguard after 7 or 8pm, so you swim at your own risk. My DD always swims “after hours”. Cms walk by and there are plenty of other people in the pools.

The water slide probably won’t be working, but other than that you should be able to swim.

Good point…this depends on the resort. They sometimes rope off the slides after the lifeguard is off duty. They did that at OKw when I stayed there, but not at POFQ, AKL or SSR.

When I have traveled to BC the pool closed at 8:00 but that was usually in a slower time of the year ie: January/September. I do know though that when SB is closed it is closed! They have it blocked off and no swimming is allowed unlike some of the other pools at other resorts where maybe the slide is just closed. If you want to swim after it closes I believe the “quiet pool” will be your option.

MKO is right, when SAB is closed it’s closed and you aren’t allowed to use it. In the summer it’s open until 10 or 11.

I’m almost positive that it’s open to 10 at night during the summer… To be honest when we swam at night we hit the quiet pool right by our room… It tired the little guy out and it was just a hop, skip and a jump to our room…

Hours seem to vary from year to year literally.
And I’ve found that they chain up the steps to the pool, so I have to agree w those who say that when it’s closed it’s closed. You have quiet pools at both Yacht and Beach Clubs which are nice… granted, no SAB, but nice just the same. Those don’t ever close.
Frank

It must depend on the resort. When staying at AKL, we were told the pool is open 24 hours. After my surprised reaction, the cm stated that all deluxe resort pools are open 24 hours.

We found that at most of the resorts we’ve stayed at. As long as you’re not causing a problem you can stay in the pool. SAB is the only pool I’ve seen that officially closes. I think it’s because of the pool, there are a lot of places someone could go and not be seen in that pool. It’s also the deepest WDW pool that I know of, about 8 feet in some places I believe.

Hours seem to vary from year to year literally.
And I’ve found that they chain up the steps to the pool, so I have to agree w those who say that when it’s closed it’s closed. You have quiet pools at both Yacht and Beach Clubs which are nice… granted, no SAB, but nice just the same. Those don’t ever close.
Frank

I seem to recall the big slide closing at 9.

It may depend on the season, we usually go in the summer and the pool and slide are open until at least 10 pm.