Stroller Suggestion for 46lb 4 yr old?

Please feel free to move this thread to the appropriate forum - I couldn’t figure out where I should post this question.

My DS4 is a big boy. He is 46 lbs, and 42 inches tall. Since the price of rentals in WDW is now pretty high, we are going to get a new stroller for him.

I’ve been looking online, and most of the strollers are 40 lb max.
Do you have any suggestions for me? I’d like to keep the price under $150 if possible.

Thanks for any suggestions!!

We have the same problem!! I have a 5 and 7 year old who both weigh about 50-51 pounds. I know that they will not be able to do all the walking for 10 days!! The umbrella strollers do all seem to have the weight limit of 40#'s. I have been looking at the McClaren umbrella strollers and many of them go up to 55-60 pounds, but they tend to be a little pricey. The only place around here that sells them is babies r us. I have also seen them on ebay! Good luck and please let me know what you find out!!!

look on craigslist and ebay for a used maclaren - we are bringing our double maclaren for this trip because we dont want to deal with the rental thing and we have a 2 year old AND a 4 year old

Gotta love those big boys huh? I have a almost 4 year old boy who is 40 lbs and a little over 42 inches. We have the McClaren umbrella. We bought it last year just for just for Disney, once I tried it I actually handed down my giant Graco Quattro stroller to my neice. Now we only use the McClaren, at the mall, at Disney and at our local theme park. It is great and goes to 55 lbs. It folds up nice and small for the busses and airplane. It is a little pricey but well worth it…esp if you can find one used. And with the current stroller rental price increase…it will probably be cheaper for you to buy than rent.
This is the model we have and we actually took the straps off, he just sits when he’s tired and walks when he’s not. Works great!
Maclaren - Triumph

Hey Toys R Us is selling the Triumph for $149.99USD. I bet if you do a little searching you can find it cheaper at another web site or store. I know you can get them in Canada at Zellers (kinda like Target only not as nice) for $129 Good Luck!
Maclaren Triumph Stroller- Scarlet & Black - Maclaren - Babies “R” Us

I knew I could count on you guys for some great advice :wub: .
I’m going to take a run down to Baby’s R Us tonight with my not so little guy, and see if they have any Triumphs in stock, so we can give it a test drive.

It looks pretty nice, and I’m glad it can recline too.

Thanks again!

If there are any more suggestions, please keep them coming!

Lil’pocohantas and I have decided our 4yo is too big for a stroller. When our oldest was 4yo, he did WDW without one (had to, with siblings taking all available stroller space).

So this will be our first trip sans-stroller & diaper bag. “Free at last! Free at last!”

I suggest starting family walks to build his stamina and try going without a stroller for a bit. You must get him walking around the neighborhood etc first however. If he can’t do it once there and becomes tired to easy or miserable from all the walking…or God forbid starts to wander, get the stroller. Money well spent when it comes to the safety of your child and the sanity of the parents.:laugh:

I miss our stroller days, I would love to have a reason to take a stroller to WDW again but I don’t think my almost 10 year old would fit now. I loved having a place to store everything.

I was thinking the same thing!!! I don’t know who the stoller benefits more…the kids or us parents and all of our stuff!!! :laugh:

We used the cheapest umbrella stroller we could buy! It was easy to find after getting off a ride, lightweight and a snap to cruise through crowds.

I’m glad to be rid of the diaper bag…but knowing my son, we will need the stroller for a few more years. We don’t mind having the stroller, because it’s a place to hold our stuff - and since he is 46 lbs, I can’t imagine having to carry him around, if he does get sleepy!! Oh boy!!!

We have a McClaren and this stroller is unbelievable. It is great. I highly recommend it. You might find one in your area on Craigs list. I think I paid 199.00 for ours. But it has been well worth it. Durable Lightweight. Best Stroller I ever bought. I bought them all too. Once I bought this one I didn’t need to buy anymore.

My friend and I have been doing the stroller debate as well! We both have a 4 and 8 year olds. . . yep 8! They still get tired and cranky and liked to be pushed. PLUS, when a big crowd closes in, I like to know they are safe in the stroller! BUT . . . since WDW is now charging $31/day for a double, the days of renting that are OVER!!

Their single strollers are great too . . . roomy for the baby to take a nap and big enough to pile all the stuff . . . and at $15/day not too bad!! Easier then lugging your own stroller.

Here’s a tip: You can bring a lightweight umbrella stroller to push to and from the monorail/bus area . … you can check it at the stroller rental and they will hold it for you until you return the rental. WHY do this? 1. The rentals are roomier and hold more stuff. 2. You are not lugging a big heavy stroller on and off transportation and 3. Like you said at the end of the night a sleeping 40lb baby feels like 100lbs . . . and you can transfer them from the rental to your umbrella and go! :happy:

When did the double stroller price go up to $31 a day?!:blink:

Thanks for the tip! I may just end up doing that very thing!

I am not a big fan of the WDW strollers though. DS cannot sleep in those. Way to uncomfy for him. Just my own opinion though. DS is more comfy in his own stroller.

This is the main reason I want to go with our own stroller too. My DS won’t fall asleep sitting up. I’m hoping I can get my hands on a Triumph before we leave. I didn’t get a chance to stop at the store last night…so hopefully tonight I will.

We were just at WDW over Spring Break…we paid $20 a day for a double stroller. Actually, we got a length of stay stroller rental and it was a dollar or so less per day.

When did it go to $31 ? That is ridiculous.

Btw, I have a 6 yr old and we still get the rental. It beats having to carry a 50 pound sleeping child around or hearing him whine after 8 hours of walking that he is tired. I also like to have a place to leave my backpack.

:laugh: :laugh: I thought the title of this thread was “Stroller Suggestion for 46 yr old”…:laugh:

I wasn’t quiet sure how to respond to that!