Studio location question

ok, this is another thing I am wondering about:

When renting points during the very quietest seasons, is it possible to request and be given an upgrade to a more interesting view?
I am not interested in getting something for nothing, I only want to have a nicer view in the same room category.

This is in regards to spending as little as possible and knowing that we won’t get the desirable views. I am no fool, I think…:blush:

Question is, how bad are the worst views?

I usually get a DVC studio, and have asked for a spacific location and floor of a building and I’ve gotten what I’ve requested about 90% of the time.

As long as you stay in the same category (no upgrade), requesting a different room really is no problem. I’ve done this several times at AKL. Didn’t have quite the perfect location to see animals, so go back to Guest Services and they will give you a couple of other options.

Of course ask! The nicest views, IMHO, are in buildings 45 and 46. They overlook the Sassagoula River and are peaceful and beautiful. Other good views are Building 16, which overlooks the golf course. Building 33 has a pretty fountain view. 27 and 28 on Pennisular Road have nice pond and fountain views. Try to stay away frm South Point Road. It’s a long way from everything. Now - here are the buildings to avoid: 21, 22, 38, 39, 41 49 and 50. These are buildings closest to the Parkway and the traffic noise can be annoying. If you want to be very close to Hospitality House the very best building is 62 - however lots of people know this - and it’s hard to get into.

Fantastic. Love that you posted the undesirables :wub:

Thank you bethishooked and !! DisneyOnMyMind :happy:

[QUOTE=Dopey;1099230]ok, this is another thing I am wondering about:

When renting points during the very quietest seasons, is it possible to request and be given an upgrade to a more interesting view?
I am not interested in getting something for nothing, I only want to have a nicer view in the same room category.

This is in regards to spending as little as possible and knowing that we won’t get the desirable views. I am no fool, I think…:blush:

Question is, how bad are the worst views?[/QUOTE]

I have rented a few times. The experience has been different each time, but they gave me a pick of sorts when I checked in. They tried to give me a far away room and then I told them what I was looking for. Two out of three times, the cast member brought the map to me and showed me my options and I picked out what suited me best. The other time, I had no choice…lol At OKW, my favorite location is buiding 19. It’s ideal with the buses and it’s close enough to the main area to walk there and to the boat that leads to DTD. It’s not super close, but more than do-able. The funny thing is that the Unofficial Guide to WDW lists that section as the worse. I don’t get that. I have stayed in 19 and 18. Both were perfect for me.

I like these buildings too… They are on Miller Road which is one of the oldest parts of the resort, but very quiet. The landscaping in this area is what one would call “lush”, so there are suites where you can look out and feel like you are in the middle of a rain forest - which is kind of nice; they also are very close to a quiet pool (I think it’s sort of situated in between the two buildings) and they also look out on the golf course.

Can you tell I’ve been there WAAAAY too many times.:laugh:

[QUOTE=llama;1099292]I like these buildings too… They are on Miller Road which is one of the oldest parts of the resort, but very quiet. The landscaping in this area is what one would call “lush”, so there are suites where you can look out and feel like you are in the middle of a rain forest - which is kind of nice; they also are very close to a quiet pool (I think it’s sort of situated in between the two buildings) and they also look out on the golf course.

Can you tell I’ve been there WAAAAY too many times.:laugh:[/QUOTE]

You are exactly right, of course! The buildings go 18, 19 and then the quiet pool in after 19 and across from that LOVELY bus stop that takes you directly to the parks without stopping! Perfect location!