Suggestions for Downtown Disney

What would you say is the best restaurant in Downtown Disney for 2 adults on the DDP? We’ve eaten at Planet Hollywood when my son was younger as he wanted to try it so we’ll skip that one.

Well, are you looking for a meal for the dining plan? If not- look at Earl of Sandwich for good sandwiches… Also, Wolfgang Puck is good- but I can;t remember if it is on the Dp or not… Good luck with your choices.

I’ve never been there, but I constantly hear rave reviews about Raglan Road. We hardly ever make it to DTD (I’m one of the rare women who HATE shopping), but when we do, we always eat at Earl of Sandwich. The cravings are just too strong!!!

Raglan Road for a sit-down meal. If you’re just looking for a quick bite - Earl of Sandwich or Wolfgang Puck Express.

Wolfgang Puck’s was awesome. It was on the plan when we went - too many years ago.

How hard is Raglan Road to get into as a walk up ? Does anyone know? Looking at June for this…

If you go early afternoon Raglan is easy to walk up. We love Raglan!! At night we like to sit outside, if its a long wait inside. Earl is also a must and now I hear the holiday sandwich is all year around.

Another vote for Raglan! The menu is quite large (especially by WDW standards), the food is really good and the atmosphere is great.

Don’t know if it is on the list, but we have always enjoyed Bongo’s.

It’s our favorite too, but I’ve posted that here before and found most disagree. Being a Cuban family, we know it’s not perfect Cuban food, but …You can’t find perfect Cuban food in any restaurant…believe me…I have been hundreds of times with my inlaws and never ever are they satisfied…

Bongos comes close on most things…and their portions are huge.

Another plus is their live music some nights…awesome!!! :happy:

We enjoyed Pollo Campero on our most recent trip. We had planned to do T-Rex, but saw the hoards and decided to go for something a bit less crowded. The food was excellent and portions were large (consider sharing!). We had 3 adults and 2 kids in our party and everyone was happy when we left. It is an unusual (for us anyway!) menu and we loved trying new things and different combinations than we get at home.

Raglan Road - LOVED IT!

For a TS, we love Fultons (but it is a 2-point service).
For a 1 point TS, we love Wolfgang Puck Cafe.
We are going to try House of Blues for this trip and in the future I’d also love to try Portebello (sp?).

[QUOTE=smallworld;1130300]It’s our favorite too, but I’ve posted that here before and found most disagree. Being a Cuban family, we know it’s not perfect Cuban food, but …You can’t find perfect Cuban food in any restaurant…believe me…I have been hundreds of times with my inlaws and never ever are they satisfied…

Another plus is their live music some nights…awesome!!! :happy:[/QUOTE]

I agree that it is not ‘perfect’, but the fact that it is different from most of the park locations makes it a draw for us.

[QUOTE=smallworld;1130300]It’s our favorite too, but I’ve posted that here before and found most disagree. Being a Cuban family, we know it’s not perfect Cuban food, but …You can’t find perfect Cuban food in any restaurant…believe me…I have been hundreds of times with my inlaws and never ever are they satisfied…

Another plus is their live music some nights…awesome!!! :happy:[/QUOTE]

Ever try one of the La Carrettas in Miami?

I’ve been in no hurry to eat at Bongo’s because some years back, the wife got a Cafe Cubano from the cafeteria window and was presented with a plain old espresso. Any Cuban restaurant that can’t make a proper Cafe Cubano is a major fail in my book, no matter what I think of Emilio and Gloria personally. (Decent people when I’ve worked them).

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1130312]Ever try one of the La Carrettas in Miami?

I’ve been in no hurry to eat at Bongo’s because some years back, the wife got a Cafe Cubano from the cafeteria window and was presented with a plain old espresso. Any Cuban restaurant that can’t make a proper Cafe Cubano is a major fail in my book, no matter what I think of Emilio and Gloria personally. (Decent people when I’ve worked them).[/QUOTE]

No…haven’t been to Miami in years…but I am sure there are some good authentic Cuban restaurants in that area!

I am sure there are some Bongo dishes that wouldn’t make the grade with my Cuban in laws…but then…not much does. I thought their desserts were a bit lacking but overall, the food was a good treat. As someone said, it’s something different. I also like that Bongos is down on the West Side…it’s quieter over there.

…too bad that Cafe Cubano was not right…I would have questioned that. I prefer the Cafe con Leche myself…even then, I have to have a lot of the “Leche” to drink it!!! Actually the best Cafe con Leche I have had was at a restaurant in Puerto Rico…I wanted more than the little cup!!!

House of Blues and Raglan Road are phenomenal! The food and service is splendid.

pollo camper was doing so poorly they split the store and added hamburgers from the one store operation of world famous BODIE"S ,truthfully that’s what they did…

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/blog/2013/02/rumor-could-disney-be-replacing-pollo.htm

Earl of Sandwich! LOVE IT! It’s where we eat the first night every trip…then off to Goofy’s candy :biggrin:

Thanks Maybe we’ll try Ragland Road and since I’m Irish I guess that’s a plus. :phone: