Suggestions on fun restaurants for 12 people

So, there are 12 of us going to Disney in August. We have all been many times and there are definetly places we know we want to eat, but I was just wondering if there was any place I’m not thinking of that would be good or fun for 12 people. There are 7 adults and 5 kids! We know we’re going to do “50’s Primetime Cafe” because it is always better with a big group! Any other suggestions???

Try Teppan Edo in Japan. It’s great for large groups, and a lot of fun. Depending on how old the kids are, you may fit at one table or you may split into two.

Mickey Mom…thank you! That is a good idea! Is that restaurant hibachi? because that could be a lot of fun with a big group!
I will definetly check into that one also!

Yes, they put on a bit of a show and cook right at your table, it’s a great experience, and really fun with a big group!

Hoop De Doo, it is 2 table credits but alot of fun for kids and adults. We did Teppan Edo in November and it was great but would be better with a large group. O’Hana is good for large groups and I think Whispering Canyon with a big group that can have fun would be a hoot!

We did this with 11 of us and one infant in June and we all fit fine. It was really fun with a large group :smile:

When I was at Boma, there was a very large group there having a great time. The room is open, so plenty of space to fit a big group. The kids were having fun with the desert buffet!

Since you have a party of more than 8 you can book a Grand Gathering Experience. The one I’ve done (and am doing again on the next trip) is the Illuminations Dinner. It’s in The Oddyssey between future world and Mexico. The food is a buffett from several different countries around Epcot, the party is hosted my “aunt Roz” and there is music and dancing with a character for the kids. After dinner everyone gets a special pin that allows them access to a private seating area to watch Illuminations…complete with a dessert bar to die for!!!

They also have a breakfast at Tonys Town square in MK and a private Safari at Animal Kingdom with dinner at Tusker House.  These are things you can only do with a party of 8 or more, so for most it's not something they can do everytime they visit.

We took a large group to Prime Time Cafe and had a blast! Our waitress… errr… cousin was very funny.

The Grand Gathering options sound amazing, though! You might want to look into that.

[QUOTE=ktcheck;1064130]Since you have a party of more than 8 you can book a Grand Gathering Experience. The one I’ve done (and am doing again on the next trip) is the Illuminations Dinner. It’s in The Oddyssey between future world and Mexico. The food is a buffett from several different countries around Epcot, the party is hosted my “aunt Roz” and there is music and dancing with a character for the kids. After dinner everyone gets a special pin that allows them access to a private seating area to watch Illuminations…complete with a dessert bar to die for!!!

They also have a breakfast at Tonys Town square in MK and a private Safari at Animal Kingdom with dinner at Tusker House.  These are things you can only do with a party of 8 or more, so for most it's not something they can do everytime they visit.[/QUOTE]

what is the price range per person on these?

1900 Park Fare. Second on the Hoop de Doo. Biergarten.

These are all great suggestions, but just to throw out another idea, Whispering Canyon might be fun. We tried it for the first time last August, and my 10 year old son especially enjoyed it. Here’s a link to our experience in my TR: http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/trip-reports/55688-missymouses-2010-trip-highlights-3.html

I think they’d be able to handle a large party, too. There was a large group of folks who looked like they were part of convention when we were there.

My vote is Whispering Canyon!!

This will be the third time I’ve done a Grand Gathering (the fireworks voyage on Bay Lake with Captain Hook to watch the fireworks over the castle and electric water pagent are now available to anyone i think), and every time I used my dining plan to pay for it. They do require 2 table service credits. If you pay out of pocket this is an excerpt from allears. Hope it helps.

“Safari Celebration Dinner” – You’ll gather in the exotic African coastal city of Harambe at Disney’s Animal Kingdom for high adventure on Kilimanjaro Safaris. Your group will journey through the park’s authentic jungles and across the sweeping, baobab-studded savannah as you spot giraffes, elephants and other wild African creatures. The experience continues at Harambe’s Tusker House Restaurant for an African-inspired dinner, Disney character appearances, “up-close” animal experiences and live entertainment. Ages 10 and older, $59.99; ages 3-9, $19.99.

“International Dinner and IllumiNations Dessert Reception” – There’s no need to jet around the globe to experience dining around the world. At Epcot, international culinary favorites are on the menu for adventurous groups looking for a storybook ending to their day. Children can join in the dinner’s special storytelling experience, which is punctuated with a surprise character appearance. A special viewing area is reserved for the evening finale, the nighttime Epcot spectacular “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth.” Ages 10 and older, $59.99; ages 3-9, $19.99.

“Good Morning Gatherings” – Breakfast with famous Disney characters enters a whole new dimension with this new group gathering served up with plenty of morning merriment at Tony’s Town Square Restaurant in Magic Kingdom. Your group will not only meet favorite characters but will participate in song-and-dance numbers. Mickey Mouse makes a one-on-one appearance with each guest for photo sessions. Ages 10 and older, $39.99; ages 3-9, $19.99. (Price includes 6.5% tax and 18% gratuity.) Guests will be invited to experience Mickey’s PhilharMagic, with reserved seating at the very next show after their breakfast.

Grand Gatherings groups must include eight paying guests – ages 3 and above – staying at a Walt Disney World hotel. And, of course, there is no additional charge for children under 3 years of age.

I’m not sure about credits or anything… But I REALLY love Via Napoli in Italy, Epcot. It’s my favorite restaurant of all restaurants at Disney World!:happy: Yum, yum, YUM!

But I don’t know if it’s a fun one… I just love it.:heart: If you want a fun one I say whispering canyon.:mickey:

I also think the Whispering Canyon would be so much fun. I love Japanese Hibachi, so I’d give that a try too.