Summer 2012 Passholder resort room discounts?

OK, I haven’t had to book a resort room with cash in the past 7 years because I use my DVC points. For our upcoming trip in July we were actually able to save almost $350 by booking airfare to fly into MCO a day BEFORE our Bay Lake Tower reservation starts. Alas, I need to book a value resort room for just one night.

I called the reservation line & booked a room at Pop but the cast member told me, “make sure you pay attention to any passholder discounts that may come out for summer. If there is one for your date just call back and we’ll switch it for you.”

So, when do passholder discounts for summer typically come out? Are there ever these discounts available for early July like that? It seems unlikely to me but I’d love to save a few more $'s.

We actually got an AP rate for 4th of July weekend last year. 30% off the Grand Floridian!!! I think it was 20-25% off values/moderates.

They should come out in the next couple of months, I think. There are currently AP discounts through the end of June (though the Spring Saver discount was actually better).

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;1103683]OK, I haven’t had to book a resort room with cash in the past 7 years because I use my DVC points. For our upcoming trip in July we were actually able to save almost $350 by booking airfare to fly into MCO a day BEFORE our Bay Lake Tower reservation starts. Alas, I need to book a value resort room for just one night.

I called the reservation line & booked a room at Pop but the cast member told me, “make sure you pay attention to any passholder discounts that may come out for summer. If there is one for your date just call back and we’ll switch it for you.”

So, when do passholder discounts for summer typically come out? Are there ever these discounts available for early July like that? It seems unlikely to me but I’d love to save a few more $'s.[/QUOTE]

I just checked Disney Travel agent for you. They are up to June and that discount has been out for awhile. If they have a pass holder discount for July, it should be released pretty soon.

Thanks, if you guys hear anything before I do please let me know! Thanks!

I will :heart: