Summer internships

Oh, PJ has another CP/PI question, what a surprise! :pinch::laugh:

My brother said a Disney rep came into one of his college classes yesterday and said they “need” interns for spring/summer 2010.

Do they still offer summer-only internships? (Professional Internships, not the CP.) My original plan was to do the CP Fall 2010 and hopefully work my way into a PI or a full-time job from there. But now this has me thinking… could I get a jump-start on my Disney plans and do a Summer 2010 PI? Would it be silly to do PI Summer 2010, then CP Fall 2010, then PI again? Would a summer internship clash with the start of the fall CP? I’ve looked at the PI site but it seems to only list information for internships starting Spring 2010.

For the record, I do feel like I need to at least do the CP because a lot of the internships I’m interested in require that you be a CP alumni.

Thanks again, as always. :blush:

[QUOTE=PrincessJill;1001879]Oh, PJ has another CP/PI question, what a surprise! :pinch::laugh:

My brother said a Disney rep came into one of his college classes yesterday and said they “need” interns for spring/summer 2010.

Do they still offer summer-only internships? (Professional Internships, not the CP.) My original plan was to do the CP Fall 2010 and hopefully work my way into a PI or a full-time job from there. But now this has me thinking… could I get a jump-start on my Disney plans and do a Summer 2010 PI? Would it be silly to do PI Summer 2010, then CP Fall 2010, then PI again? Would a summer internship clash with the start of the fall CP? I’ve looked at the PI site but it seems to only list information for internships starting Spring 2010.

For the record, I do feel like I need to at least do the CP because a lot of the internships I’m interested in require that you be a CP alumni.

Thanks again, as always. :blush:[/QUOTE]

I’m not exactly sure about the PI question you have but I think I know someone who can help you. Here is here Youtube, just PM her with your question and she’ll answer you. She’s a real doll! YouTube - deederbug’s Channel

My opinion would be yes, a Summer Internship would clash with the Fall CP. Simply bc, the Fall CP begins the second to third week of August, which is technically still considered summer. So although I’m not sure. I definitely think that’d cross each other. I know you can do the CP and then at the end you can extend, (if you were a good CM of course) or go seasonal. Or yes even become a PI or get offered a full time position. It’s all up to how your program goes. Most people tend to extend. And then if they are near the end of college they take a PI. Or flat out a Full Time Position. PIs are generally if you wanna work IN (i.e. imagineering, recruiting, office services, etc) the company while FT positions are for if you wanna work FOR the company (i.e. merchandising, attractions, fsf&b, etc). If that makes sense! lol.

[QUOTE=StaceyDarling!;1001985]I’m not exactly sure about the PI question you have but I think I know someone who can help you. Here is here Youtube, just PM her with your question and she’ll answer you. She’s a real doll! YouTube - deederbug’s Channel

My opinion would be yes, a Summer Internship would clash with the Fall CP. Simply bc, the Fall CP begins the second to third week of August, which is technically still considered summer. So although I’m not sure. I definitely think that’d cross each other. I know you can do the CP and then at the end you can extend, (if you were a good CM of course) or go seasonal. Or yes even become a PI or get offered a full time position. It’s all up to how your program goes. Most people tend to extend. And then if they are near the end of college they take a PI. Or flat out a Full Time Position. PIs are generally if you wanna work IN (i.e. imagineering, recruiting, office services, etc) the company while FT positions are for if you wanna work FOR the company (i.e. merchandising, attractions, fsf&b, etc). If that makes sense! lol.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link to her youtube channel - I know NO ONE in my personal life who’s done the CP, so I’m really reaching out everywhere I possibly can for answers… :redface:

I’m actually graduating this spring, so I have all kinds of time to devote to the CP, PI, and hopefully ultimately a career with Disney… I know it’s difficult to reach that point and it doesn’t pay a whole lot, but that’s my plan for now. I’ll alter it as I go…

I found a few internships which I think I would love doing and actually seem to complement my rather obscure degree (anthropology) pretty well. Nearly all require the CP first. So that’s why I’m going with this somewhat long drawn-out pathway… Hopefully I’m making the right decisions.

It’s all so confusing! :pinch:

Jill, I am not 100% sure but I think the vast majority of the PIs do require the CP first and if they don’t require them, they at least give priority consideration to those candidates who have already done the CP.

Either way, good luck!

[QUOTE=PrincessJill;1002016]Thanks for the link to her youtube channel - I know NO ONE in my personal life who’s done the CP, so I’m really reaching out everywhere I possibly can for answers… :redface:

I’m actually graduating this spring, so I have all kinds of time to devote to the CP, PI, and hopefully ultimately a career with Disney… I know it’s difficult to reach that point and it doesn’t pay a whole lot, but that’s my plan for now. I’ll alter it as I go…

I found a few internships which I think I would love doing and actually seem to complement my rather obscure degree (anthropology) pretty well. Nearly all require the CP first. So that’s why I’m going with this somewhat long drawn-out pathway… Hopefully I’m making the right decisions.

It’s all so confusing! :pinch:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, well Dee and stuff I know from FB groups and YT. She’s great. Also, on my YT I have some other great CP/CM with lots of helpful vlogs! Yeah! Get those answers anywhere you can! And its good to have a person to ask, bc atleast you know its right info. Not just anything written on some random website! lol.

Yeah, my plans pretty much the same thing. Right now I’m just beginning college, so its hard cuz theres so many things I want to do, so all options are kinda open at this point for me lol! So this program will help a lot! And maybe if I extend we’ll run into each other! haha.

Yeah, in my experience of hearing others insight and stuff, the CP REALLY helps in your future at WDW/DL. Whether it be a PI or just a FT position in general. It’ll be a great thing!

[QUOTE=KarenWDWCP;1002020]Jill, I am not 100% sure but I think the vast majority of the PIs do require the CP first and if they don’t require them, they at least give priority consideration to those candidates who have already done the CP.

Either way, good luck![/QUOTE]

Thanks! :heart: Priority to CP alums makes sense. Maybe I should just focus on my CP first…

Enjoy all the options!! Maybe we will run into each other! I just have to get accepted first… :laugh:

Hahah I’m sure you will! You have to be like, a total psycho to not get accepted. lol. I don’t know anyone on the FB group of about 50 or so that got denied!