Superbowl Sunday in Disney World

Does anyone know if any special events occur in Disney World on Superbowl Sunday to watch the game?

I think the ESPN club/restaurant runs something. Not positive, but I think so!

ESPN Club on Disney’s Boardwalk always has the games on, and will be a very popular viewing location. It has over 236 televisions, including TVs in the bathrooms and at the booth tables. If you go that route, you’ll want to get there early because they won’t kick people out of the restaurant, so your chances of getting a table during the game decrease as the restaurant fills.

I think in the past, Disney has made viewing locations around the property, but they’re announced closer to the Super Bowl. Keep an eye on AllEars.Net closer to the Superbowl.

The best thing about being in the parks on Superbowl Sunday (we were there a couple of years ago) The parks were EMPTY

Parks being empty is a perk. Didn’t think of that…thanks!

Empty parks will be a great thing. Unless the Bears somehow make it to the big game.

We have a WINNER, :cool:

I like that empty-park idea! I bet World Of Sports also has something happening.

When we were there last year, POR had a special viewing party set up by the pool and bar. I imagine that most of the resorts must do something similar.

Too bad ASSp doesn’t set up a viewing party by the pool/dining area. The themeing is there, why not make a celebration of it.

Two years ago we stopped by the bar area in Wilderness Lodge and just sat there with 60 of our closest friends! Not really, but we all became friends really quick. We sat there for the whole game, had our own table, had drinks and ordered lots of food. It was just the two of us in our party, and we had a hoot with the rest of the crowd. I’m sure we could have found something a little more structured or someplace that charged for the event, but this was just fine with us, especially since we were staying at Wilderness Lodge.

Originally Posted by mrsmouse
Two years ago we stopped by the bar area in Wilderness Lodge and just sat there with 60 of our closest friends! Not really, but we all became friends really quick. We sat there for the whole game, had our own table, had drinks and ordered lots of food.

Come to think of it, when we headed to dinner at BOMA that evening, the bar area at AKL was full, and everyone seemed to be having a good time watching the game together.

This would make too much sense.