Supermarket and food questions?

We’re headed to wdw in May and wondering if there are any supermarkets to buy milk, water, juice etc in the area (we’re staying at Beach Club). If not, what wdw transportation will take me closest to off-site markets, as we’re not renting a car.

I’ll need to buy milk… is it outrageously priced at the resort shops, or should i just bite the bullet and get my groceries there?

I also need a cake for my daughter who will be 4… any suggestions? I’d like to get her something nice, but reasonably priced.

Welcome to Mousebuzz!!!

There are several threads discussing groceries & food here. You have a couple of options. At Beach Club, you can order groceries through them and they will be waiting in your room when you arrive. They will be a little pricier than a grocery store, but not as much (I don’t think) as buying from the resort store and it is very convenient. Another similar option is gardengrocer.com; you pre-order groceries and set up a time for delivery to your room. They are about the same prices as the resort and have more selection. We used them in October and had no problems. A third option depends on how you are getting to Disneyworld. If you are flying into the airport, you could use the option of a towncar service (such as Quicksilver) to get to the resort. Most of the towncars allow you to have a 30-minute grocery stop at a store near the property enroute to you resort.

Welcome to MB. Without a car, I’m not sure what other way is available to get groceries. We always rent a car for our trips and go to Goodings Market for our groceries. It’s located just off Disney property near Buena in a shopping complex.

??“Just off Disney property” is this in walking distance? (like a short walk 10 min or so?)

Sorry forgot to say! Welcome to MouseBuzz

Prezcatz pretty much covered the options, but you also have to think about time. How long do you want to spent trying to get things? Also what type of room will you have? If you only have a “dorm” type fridge, I don’t think you can get tons of milk and juice in there? I mean 2 or 3 half gallon cartons will fit, but that’s about it. I know some people hate WDW water, we have never had a problem with it. But (and this will sound silly), on our last trip we brought down empty water bottles. We would fill them, freeze them, carry them to the parks and then toss them (after drinking of course). Our issue isn’t the water, but getting cold water. Some time you just want a few sips, not to drink a whole bottle in two seconds.

Goodings supermarket is about a 15 minute walk from DTD (marketplace end) and a 5 minute drive from DTD and is located within the Crossroads shopping area at Lake Buena Vista.
It is quite a well stocked supermarket not as big as a WalMart, and American friends tell me its quite expensive?
We always get milk from the shop in the resort and I dont know whether its expensive or not I guess in comparison it probably is.

[QUOTE=dixie;918625]Goodings supermarket is about a 15 minute walk from DTD (marketplace end) and a 5 minute drive from DTD and is located within the Crossroads shopping area at Lake Buena Vista.
It is quite a well stocked supermarket not as big as a WalMart, and American friends tell me its quite expensive?
We always get milk from the shop in the resort and I dont know whether its expensive or not I guess in comparison it probably is.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Dixie. I had a senior moment (ha-ha) and couldn’t remember the name of the shopping center. And we go every year! Oh goodness! It’s a little pricey but conveinent.

[QUOTE=dixie;918625]Goodings supermarket is about a 15 minute walk from DTD (marketplace end) and a 5 minute drive from DTD and is located within the Crossroads shopping area at Lake Buena Vista.
We always get milk from the shop in the resort and I don’t know whether its expensive or not I guess in comparison it probably is.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Dixie.
15 min walk is not bad- although I have always used the resort store for milk bread and beer (the essentials). I might just have a look down there- we will not be having a car on our up coming trip and dint want to waist time doing to much shopping.

[QUOTE=LGmommy;918425]We’re headed to wdw in May and wondering if there are any supermarkets to buy milk, water, juice etc in the area (we’re staying at Beach Club). If not, what wdw transportation will take me closest to off-site markets, as we’re not renting a car.

I’ll need to buy milk… is it outrageously priced at the resort shops, or should i just bite the bullet and get my groceries there?

I also need a cake for my daughter who will be 4… any suggestions? I’d like to get her something nice, but reasonably priced.[/QUOTE]

go to gardengrocer.com. Place your order and they will bring it to you. They charge like $10 for the delivery. Totally worth it if you think of the price of a cab or rental to go there yourself. I used them when I stayed at OKW one year and they were awesome. Totally reliable…

[QUOTE=jimbo;919147]Thanks Dixie.
15 min walk is not bad- although I have always used the resort store for milk bread and beer (the essentials). I might just have a look down there- we will not be having a car on our up coming trip and dint want to waist time doing to much shopping.[/QUOTE]

Jimbo I love the beer in the essentials list:laugh:

wat dixie said is exactly on the spot. that store is open 24hrs a day and is a little over priced compared to publix, winn dixxie and wal-mart but it’s definitely way cheaper than buying stuff off of disney.

You can arrange a grocery delivery from goodings.com and from gardengrocer.com.

I already placed my Gooding’s delivery order for my February trip.