Supermarket

Hi all, so this vacation we are going on in August we are staying at Old Key West. We have the DDP included so are not going to be cooking full meals or anything in our Villa but of course we do want to buy certain things for everyday use like Bread, butter, preserves, Tea, Coffee etc.
Now I hear that there is a new Supermarket opening on Disney property sometime soon but where is it to be? Is there anything near to OKW that we can get to without driving? As we are not driving at all during the vacation.

Any info/tips would be great :happy:

Sorry Ariel, I don’t have an answer but I am interested in seeing the answer to this. I wasn’t aware of a supermarket being build. That would be nice an convenient.

I read about awhile ago about a new Publix being built right near WDW property. I think they said it was on 535 which is at the end of the road past the DTD hotels. If so it would be a short cab ride. We usually go to a market just up 535 (3/4 of a mile) from the hotels. We always drive so we hit it as we arrive so everything can go into the fridge upon arrival.
There is always Garden Grocer if you don’t want to do the cab thingy.

We bring our own tea and coffee with us, both are fairly light to pack and travel well. There is a Goodings supermarket near DTD but it’s pricey in comparison to Publix or Wal Mart.

Hi Ariel
Garden grocer is your answer you can shop on line in the UK before you leave set your delivery date - they do the rest. its easier than waisting valuable park time going to the supermarket.
your on holiday/ vacation so enjoy it :heart:

Garden Grocer

check out the website
good luck

[QUOTE=jimbo;1098936]Hi Ariel
Garden grocer is your answer you can shop on line in the UK before you leave set your delivery date - they do the rest. its easier than waisting valuable park time going to the supermarket.
your on holiday/ vacation so enjoy it :heart:

Garden Grocer

check out the website
good luck[/QUOTE]

thanks Jimbo…excellent site :slight_smile:

I was wondering if we could take Coffee and Tea Karen…I am so chuffed that it is ok. Can’t beat the PG!!! lol xx

The food court in resort have twinning English breakfast tea - but if you feel the need to take PG tips :laugh:

we are staying in a self contained villa in OKW this time Jimbo so although I could raid the food courts for tea bags for our Villa I would feel a bit naughty :laugh::laugh:
That’s why I am asking all these random questions…I should of been clearer! lol
We don’t drive in the US so we are under the mercy of transfers, taxis and our legs!! So we have to be as prepared as poss before we arrive mate :happy:

How long is your trip going to be? And will you be at OKW the whole time? And what size villa?

We have a 1 bedroom villa I think, staying 2 weeks and yes my lovely, OKW the entire stay xx.

I had read on another site that the new Publix is open - the address is:

7880 Winter Garden Vineland Rd, Windemere, Lakeside Village Center

Someone else on this site said it’s about 15 minutes away

I looked up on the Publix site, and there is a place to search near Walt Disney World… Aren’t they helpful? Anyway, it may be worth contacting them to see what international products they carry… I bet they can get most things for you. There is a huge British section in the Publix here in Atlanta… Here is a link to the site:
Publix Stores - New Search Publix Stores

Good luck.

Sounds wonderful.:happy: