Surprise Character Meet & Greets

I was reading somewhere that on Fantasmmic! nights at the Animation bldg in HS, a group of characters are available for meet and greet? Does anyone have any info on this?

What I read said that there are anywhere from 5-10 characters at a time (cause they have so many actors come into the park for Fantasmic, better to put them to work than sit around and wait for Fantasmic! to start), and characters like Max, Queen of Hearts etc that are harder to meet on a regular are there.

Would love any info anyone has on this …

[QUOTE=KeroKero;1087033]
Would love any info anyone has on this …[/QUOTE]

Make that two of us!

I have never heard of this, but that certainly does not mean that is doesn’t happen… Where did you hear it? I would love to find out about it…

I read about it on disboards (I know, shame myself for going to another board :angel:) … I couldn’t find if its still happening and the times it happened. All I read was that it happens 3 times a day on Fantasmic days. If I can find the exact link I will post it here for those that are interested :happy:

Here’s what I could find out, but still not sure if its still happening as most of the posts I see are from earlier this year going into summer …

The characters are available at the Animation Bldg 4:50-5:30 on Fantasmic! nights switching in and out during that time. So its like a hit or miss who’s going to be there when you arrive. It’s apparently a seperate line per character, so no need to line up for someone that you’ve already met.

On a side note, a very helpful website on which characters are currently available in each of the parks is Unofficial Disney Character Hunting Guide

Hope this kind of helps … I know I’m definitely going to be stopping by the Animation bldg during these times to see the truth behind this whole thing, hopefully it pans out.

Will report back when I return from my trip Sept 2!

Here I come to save the day! :laugh:

It is true. Characters, many from Fant, will do a special meet and greet in the Animation building every day. The times change constantly. Usually they are 4:50 and 5:10. Sometimes there are 4 sets instead of 2. Characters you never get to see, like the Wicked Queen, Mary Poppins and some of her penguins, just to name a few.

They are never announced because it’s never the same characters. It depends on the availability. You just have to keep your eyes open for them. But it’s true. They just show up.

Oh, and KeroKero, never trust the character guides. Our entertainment offerings can change very quickly every day, and those guides aren’t always accurate. Any character questions, just let me know and I’ll hook you up with the most up to date info!

[QUOTE=Oh, and KeroKero, never trust the character guides. Our entertainment offerings can change very quickly every day, and those guides aren’t always accurate. Any character questions, just let me know and I’ll hook you up with the most up to date info![/QUOTE]

Thanks RowdyRAider!! This trip I would really love to meet Mulan, Mary Poppins (who last time we were walking into the UK area was leaving for the day :angry:) and Alice. How are my chances that I’ll be able to find them in and around WS?

We came across Alice a couple of years ago by the Tea Cups in MK. :mickey:

We met Mulan in China (is that right? or Japan) last year. She was wonderful! I would love to meet The Queen!!!

Hey Rowdy- will you be helping anyone next week that we can look out for?

Gotta add Alice has always been in the toy shop in UK when we have been there. Mary Poppins is at 1900 Park Fare Character B-fast. :slight_smile: We have been lucky enough to see them every trip so far.

We saw Mulan a few times in Japan, and Alice by the teacups in Magic Kingdom a few times. But, you can always meet Alice and Mary Poppins at breakfast at 1900 Park Fare.

Haven’t been able to score an ADR for 1900PF :frown: (we booked this trip pretty last minute), so will take my chances with finding Alice by the tea cups or at the toy shop in the UK. Wish me luck!!

[QUOTE=zoey9797;1087375]
Hey Rowdy- will you be helping anyone next week that we can look out for?[/QUOTE]

I unfortunately have given up performing. I’m a full time coordinator, leading the characters and their attendants. I’ll be at Crystal Palace on the weekends and CRT on Wednesday. The other 2 days I’m a spare so could end up anywhere :laugh:

Mulan is not in Japan as many have thought. She is in China. Every day. But she also does the pop up sets sometimes at the Animation meet and greet.

Mary is now in Town Square at MK. She also meets at the UK still everyday. So does Alice.

Belle and Beast in France, Aladdin and Jasmine in Morrocco. Anyone else?

[QUOTE=RowdyRAider;1087451]I unfortunately have given up performing. I’m a full time coordinator, leading the characters and their attendants. I’ll be at Crystal Palace on the weekends and CRT on Wednesday. The other 2 days I’m a spare so could end up anywhere :laugh:
[/QUOTE]

This is a promotion, right?

Indeed! And although I miss performing on a daily basis, I’m quite happy as a leader. Plus I can still get pulled to perform if it’s an emergency, like this Friday when I’ll be at Muppetvision “helping” Sweetums! :wink: