Surprise Trip and some Questions

My DH just booked us a short suprise trip (7/30 - 8/4 at Pop). We’re going to WDW for 13 days in August, so this was a really big surprise. (He wants to get the most out of his annual pass, lol)

My questions are…how is the weather in late July as compared to late August? and my next question is how are the crowds for that time period?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.:mickey:

I can only tell you about weather and it will be horribly HOT and HUMID!! I am about 2 1/2 hours south of WDW and when it is hot and humid here, it is much worse there!!

As for crowds, I can’t really help you on that one- but I am sure the usual schools out summer crowds.

Johnkimv since you are the weather expert would you mind saying how the weather may be for Sept? I’m going from Sept 11-19. My biggest fear is that it will be so hot and humid that it will take away from all the fun we should be having. Thanks : )

[QUOTE=Goofy3230;977141]My DH just booked us a short suprise trip (7/30 - 8/4 at Pop). We’re going to WDW for 13 days in August, so this was a really big surprise. (He wants to get the most out of his annual pass, lol)

My questions are…how is the weather in late July as compared to late August? and my next question is how are the crowds for that time period?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.:mickey:[/QUOTE]

Nice suprise! I don’t have anything to say in regard to weather or crowd, but you’re going to have a fabulous WDW August!

We went in September a few years back, and it was absolutely wonderful. I preferred it immensely to August.

Nice surprise Goofy3230! Does that mean you will be spending 18 days @ Disney this summer??

You know you can never tell with the weather. I have heard people being in WDW in Sept and having beautiful weather. We went at the end of Sept. last year and it was sooooo hot. Sometimes the night time seemed hotter than the day time.

BUT…

We had soooo much fun. We took cooling breaks and swim breaks and never let the weather affect us physically or mentally!

The moral of the story is:

Don’t worry about the weather. It will be what it is and you will have a good time no matter what! :flowers:

Have a magical time!

Lisa

It’s been several years since we went in late August. We now go earlier in August, but I remember the crowds being very managable. It’s not necessarily slow, but it’s not crazy busy either. It will be very hot and humid! Have fun!! What a wonderful surprise!

[QUOTE=lisalovesmickey;977193]You know you can never tell with the weather. I have heard people being in WDW in Sept and having beautiful weather. We went at the end of Sept. last year and it was sooooo hot. Sometimes the night time seemed hotter than the day time.

BUT…

We had soooo much fun. We took cooling breaks and swim breaks and never let the weather affect us physically or mentally!

The moral of the story is:

Don’t worry about the weather. It will be what it is and you will have a good time no matter what! :flowers:

Have a magical time!

Lisa[/QUOTE]

I agree…weather and crowds will be what they will be, so don’t let 'em get you down!

We were there earlier this week, and I was DREADING the weather AND crowds based on our experience in July of '07. But this time around, we were pleasantly surprised. It was definitely hot & humid, but cloudy and a little misty at times so it wasn’t too bad. We went to the Magic Kingdom for rope drop, and didn’t wait more than 5 minutes for any rides before 10:30. The crowds picked up from about 10:30 to 3:30, and then tapered back off again. They weren’t January-like, but wayyyy better than two summers ago when we went in July.

Basically, prepare for heat/humidity and afternoon or possibly evening thunderstorms. The crowds seem to be unpredictable from what they’ve historically been over the summer, presumably because of the economy. Hope you have a great trip!!

HOT.

Africa Hot.

Just wanted to say WOW LUCKY YOU!:happy::flowers:

Does this mean we will have two TR to read from you? If so then lucky us!:happy:

Thank you all for your help! Yes, this means that the Goofy family will be spending 18 fun filled days at the World this summer!!:mickey: My DH needs a 12 step program, lol! We’re definitely getting our $$$ worth of our annual pass. My kids are absolutely thrilled, I’m sure that’s no shock.

I kind of expected to hear HOT as an answer, lol. I was kinda hoping for cool & breezy!:laugh: LOL I was more worried about the crowds than the heat. The heat is more bearable if the crowds are lower. Usually when we go in August the first few days are crowded, but then it gets better. It’s always smokin hot! We will definitely make the best of it either way and we promised the kids a day at a water park (which we’ve never done, so they are totally psyched).

As far as 2 trip reports…hmmmmm, I’m not really entertaining when I write. :sleeping: If you guys want one, I’ll give it the old college try. You may be bored to tears, just a warning!

Thanks again for all of your support!!

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;977301]HOT.

Africa Hot.[/QUOTE]

LOL - that’s kinda what I was figuring!!

well the weather will be very hot and humid but as long as you take enough breaks and drink plenty of fluids then you should have nothing to worry about and plenty of fun to be had. The crowd levels should not be too hideous ( unless you are going over 4th july- in which case start crying now! LOL). August on the other hand has it’s problems with high crowds which we found last year esp towards the end of the month because what we found is that Disney offers free dining to UK customers and at a certain part of the month where the vacation cost drops quite significantly, in addition to the Free dining, we found that every other UK occupant seemed to be in WDW and it was rammed!
Now don’t get me wrong I love being British and am not slating my own nation but It was totally ridiculous. There was more British accents in the resorts and parks than there were American!
September was fine, less crowds, less heat, more daily rain ( but it was fine).
hope this helps?

It does get warm there in August … Many trips into the shops!!!
But your in the “World” , And that should suffice:pirate:

Wow … I believe I have never used the word “Suffice” until now!!!
Thanks Mousebuzz for expanding my vocabulary! :laugh:

[QUOTE=ARIEL;978966]
Now don’t get me wrong I love being British and am not slating my own nation but It was totally ridiculous. There was more British accents in the resorts and parks than there were American!
September was fine, less crowds, less heat, more daily rain ( but it was fine).
hope this helps?[/QUOTE]

We have been going to WDW the last 2 weeks in August. Last year we did notice a lot of people from the UK (more than usual). We were seated with a family from your homeland at the Germany buffet. (By the way, they were lovely) I’m used to the crowds and heat in August, just wanted to know what the difference might be for the end of July into early August.

[QUOTE=WALL;978980]It does get warm there in August … Many trips into the shops!!!
But your in the “World” , And that should suffice:pirate:

Wow … I believe I have never used the word “Suffice” until now!!!
Thanks Mousebuzz for expanding my vocabulary! :laugh:[/QUOTE]

LOL - trips to the shops are never a problem for me!! You’re right, just being in the World will suffice (see, I used it too - probably my first time as well, lol)

Congrats on expanding your vocabulary!! :laugh: :laugh: Who knew how Mouse Buzz could help in our everyday life as well as Disney obsessions!